Has the rebranding worked?

by MrTheocratic 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If the lower amount of people getting baptized into this religion in the US is any indication of how this new branding is going , I would assume not.

People are little more critical in their thinking and aware of how religious cults operate, the WTS's and its old corrupt false doctrines kind of spoil the attractiveness it was once able to achieve in comparison to decades ago.

So the most important concept to the WTS is that god nevertheless has chosen them over all other religions because they are false religions, which inevitably kind of paints the WTS/JWS into a corner. Are You in The Truth ?

• Phizzy
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The WT rebranding has given the org a veneer, a shiny exterior,

• schnell
    schnell

Doc, oh god, that pig, I just saw that first Black Mirror episode and it's too soon lol

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don't think it was a rebranding at all. Most of the changes were because of need from out side pressures. The midweek meeting changed because they had to drop the school. The carts were done to keep people busy and to probably help shield jws from people that would question them and give them trouble. Of course the website again designed to keep those in in.

All thier changes were forced on them by outside issues just like liquidating thier assets in New York caused mostly the need to hide thier money from the attorneys.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I think that after a while JWs will get bored. They have even less thinking required to "preach". The JWs celebrate novelty and once that wears off they will be less happy than they were before.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's worked - people refer to "JW.Org" instead of the WTB&TS.

Probably to avoid potential converts (and members) searching for "WatchTower" which, since they left the internet battleground to us in the early years of it is now full of negative material.

JW.Org is all new ... for now.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

ool. The carts were done to keep people busy and to probably help shield jws from people that would question them and give them trouble

I would question that and say the carts have made the R&F more open to apostate attacked. Avoiding an apostate in the D2D work was very simple, with a notation on a DNC slip. The carts however, that's almost impossible to do with the public approaching you, and a lot harder to walk away from.

• schnell
    schnell
    Avoiding an apostate in the D2D work was very simple, with a notation on a DNC slip. The carts however, that's almost impossible to do with the public approaching you, and a lot harder to walk away from.

I don't hear of that many negative responses to the carts, but there are plenty enough. I've recommended TedTheAtheist on this board, and he battles JWs at their carts quite a bit.

Had I the time or interest, I suppose I could stand silently next to them with a tent sign that says RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET. Or I could debate the case between 607 and 587 BCE, or the authenticity of Genesis and Acts. Or I could bring some creepy marionettes and just hang out.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Schnell,

Or I could bring some creepy marionettes and just hang out.

That's your best bet. Bring the marionettes and stick apostate literature in their plastic/wooden hands then walk them over to the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit