Serena

by Darryl 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I've met many people in field service that said they were dubs just be cause they had studied before and liked what they heard. Anyone can claim to be a JW. It doesn't mean anything. Why should I care what Serena does. I'm not a dub anymore and have no reason to get hurt by it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    If you are an unbaptized publisher and go in service every week are you allowed to do whatever you please as long as you don't get baptized? Can you run for political office and still comment at the meetings and still go out in service? Wouldn't the society distance themselves from you if you are doing things contrary to their beliefs. Identifying yourself as a JW makes you in all intents and purposes a JW.

In a normal situation you would no longer qualify as an unbaptised publisher.

For Serena Williams I would question what access the society has to her. Prince attended meetings, assemblies and had personal contact with an elder - Larry Graham. He was seemingly on the books of the local congregation.

I don't know about SW but I sincerely doubt that she is on the books of any congregation as an active Witness (unbaptised or not). Even if some old congregation somewhere has her records from her youth I doubt that she has regular contact with Witnesses "in good standing", especially elders. I'd be amazed if she puts a report in.

If she wants to identify as a Witness then that's up to her. What influence she allows the organisation to have on her is also up to her. There is very little the organisation can do about it.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Darryl, you keep talking about what WT would do to OTHER people.

I'm going to state this as simply as possible: What should the WT do to the Williams sisters?

• Darryl
    Darryl

Bernard listen dude I don't want the society to do anything to them. Ok I read your response the first time i am pointing out the fact that identifying yourself publicly as a JW in most cases comes with responsibility. A random person on the street who says they are a jw is very different from a world renowned person. Everyone is first of all saying she was never baptized nobody knows that for sure. Saying that you are a JW publicly if you are famous in my humble opinion is the same as going door to door in your community, people are going to identify you as one of jws. Prince was a very private person, yes he went to meetings but whatever else he did nobody knows. And for the record I could care less I am not now not will I ever again be part of the fold. But watching Serena the other day (and I am a big fan) along with all of this increased emphasis on loyalty, who's side are you on stuff it just struck me as odd that the society would allow someone to wave a flag and at the same time say they are jw. And Barold if you saw that I used the word hypocrisy in implication is there that I realize that they aren't going to do anything. I think I also said the normal publisher would be treated differently. Again I'm not writing letters to the organization it's not keeping me up at night the thought just kind of struck me as I was watching tennis that's all and here is where you come to express thoughts like that. Lastly as to the org not being able to get to her, they can get the word out when they are not pleased with you. Remember the thriller video and mjs subsequent apology? No I don't want the society to do that in this case I'm just saying they have more ways now of reaching the masses than they did back in the 80s

• sir82
    sir82

it just struck me as odd that the society would allow someone to wave a flag and at the same time say they are jw.

Repetition for emphasis: What, exactly, should the Watchtower do, in your humble opinion?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

"I think I also said the normal publisher would be treated differently."

Well there's the problem. The Williams sisters ARE NOT PUBLISHERS. They may have been years and years ago but the sure as shit aren't now.

• Darryl
    Darryl

And how exactly do you know that first of all. Secondly let me state this as simply and succinctly as I know how. I don't want the society to do anything. Never did I ever use the words the society needs to ........ Plain and simple a normal unknown person goes out in field service thus becoming a publisher is recognized as a jw by outsiders. A famous person doesn't have to go out in service to be recognized as a jw by outsiders all they have to do is say I'm a jw. Outsiders know nothing about baptized/non baptized, record card all that nonsense all they know is she's a jw. Period. Again I don't want the society to do anything I could care less. I'm just pointing out the fact that in the world's eyes she's a jw because she says she is. They could distance themselves from her in their own way of they wanted to but we all know they don't want to. Thus the hypocrisy.

• sir82
    sir82

They could distance themselves from her in their own way of they wanted to

Oh, you mean like completely ignoring anything she says?

Hmm, it's almost like they're doing that now......

• Darryl
    Darryl

So if she does something really horrible and is all over the news for that and in the same report they say she's a jw do you think they would let that fly??

• sir82
    sir82

So if she does something really horrible and is all over the news for that and in the same report they say she's a jw do you think they would let that fly??

You tell me....

I don't want the society to do anything to them.

No I don't want the society to do that in this case

I don't want the society to do anything.

Again I don't want the society to do anything I could care less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit