Serena

by Darryl 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Darryl
    Darryl

I was watching Serena win yet another Wimbledon title recently (congrats to her) but it got me to thinking about her for a moment. She identifies herself as a JW and if you look up any info on her it will tell you that her religion is JW so that means that she herself and the rest of the world identifies her as a JW.

For those of us who are df'd as well as those of you who are about to be df'd what is the reason? And what is the main difference between a df and a fade away? Someone who is df'd is for the most part an active witness, Who in the eyes of the world is a JW. Your neighbors,colleagues,family whatever identify you as one so your actions have to reflect that. Actions otherwise would bring reproach on the name and thus you have to be dealt with and removed from the flock. Whereas a fade the person hasn't been looked at as a JW for some time and there actions do not reflect badly on the org.

Back to Serena what is one of the core beliefs of JW's? If you had to make a list of their top 10 edicts this would appear at the very top of the list. In fact many a yearbook has stories of faithful brothers and sisters who died holding on to this conviction. That of course is neutrality, no allegiance to any country or flag only the kingdom. Even on to death as need be. However Serena the JW has competed in more than one Olympics, has represented USA proudly, has posed for pictures waving the flag, stood proudly at attention with her gold medal as the national anthem was being played, has the US flag on her uniform the whole 9. Obvious grounds for df (or da if she's not baptized) or certainly would be for any other normal, non multimillionaire person identifying themselves as a JW. Hypocrites. They should put that in their "loyalty" videos

• Watchtower-Free
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Someone can identify with whatever religion they want.

The Williams sisters have never been baptized.

You can't be disfellowshipped OR disassociated if you've never been baptized.

Not really sure of the point of this thread. What is the WT org supposed to do with them?

• Darryl
    Darryl

The point is baptized or not baptized if the world identifies you as a JW then you have to walk the line. You can be disassociated if you are not baptized in fact that is the main difference between the 2. If the world views you as a JW then you are a JW baptized or not. That's the way it works. What is the WT supposed to do with them? The same thing they would do to anyone else in their shoes. Again the point is as I thought I stated clearly she identifies herself as a JW, the world identifies her as a JW baptized or not yet her actions are a direct contradiction to their core principals. If you think a JW publisher can do whatever they want as long as they don't get baptized you are sadly mistaken. The rules apply to everyone who again is identified as a JW by outsiders.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There may be some God Jehovah instilled to those girls but they are far from devote practicing JWS.

Thinking of a JW who shows up at the Kingdom Hall twice a year, one being the memorial.

Whatever religion one attaches themselves to or who they are, doesn't defect the hideous corruption and stupidity of those religious organizations. Think Tom Cruise and John Travolta and their Scientology.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    You can't be disfellowshipped OR disassociated if you've never been baptized.
    exactly... and not even a marking talk ... no cards in any congregation file as an un-baptised publisher...

Members are taught to shun ones who automatically disassociate themselves by no longer remaining politically neutral... joining the military. As long as they are not attending cong mtngs, no announcement made.

If she or her sister were to attend mtngs occasionally might be a different story. Most likely assigned a handler study conductor like MJ or Prince were, to limit media damage and to court large donations.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Barrold, you can be DA'd if you are not baptised. I was never baptised and I was DA'd.

• Darryl
    Darryl

It's all about how the community views you. Of course baptism is a public display but if you are not baptized but in field service regularly the community identifies you as on of JW then you are bound by the same rules. "Worldly" people don't make the distinction "yeah I think he's one of them but I don't think he's baptized" Remember reproach on the name you don't have to be baptized to hit that mark and in most cases they will call you to the carpet for it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder how many disfellowshipped persons still call themselves jw's ?

for instance--if filling out a medical form--if if asks religion--just what do they put down ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

JWDaughter - please can you elaborate?

In general terms you can't be disassociated - it's a step taken by an individual to formally revoke their membership of their local congregation and the organisation in general. There are some things that they count as disassociated by one's actions such as joining a church or the military and wilfully taking blood but these are simply to avoid legal issues with freedom of religion, treason and to be able to make technically truthful statements about ones not being disfellowshipped for certain actions.

Either way they all apply only to baptised individuals. Can you explain further as to how it applies in your case as this would be very unusual?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit