Was it Adam who altered his own DNA so that sicknesses & consequent death would be passed on to his offspring?

by deegee 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

The eden account implies that A&E were created mortal, depending not just on food energy, but on that special ingredient: leaves, fruit, bark,- whatever off the tree of life, sooner or later, perhaps constantly. the tree of life was among those prominently provided and recommended, not another forbidden, or hidden source of continuing sustained life.

according to these story details then, there was no genetic dead-cake-panning needed to die. we are normal, pronounced to be among the "very good" of creation as we are, --but we die because of the twirling swords.

• prologos
    prologos

The method of execution that "god" used to kill A&E was preventing them from further access to the tree of life in the centre of the garden. he did not rescind permission to eat of all the trees, (except the knowledge kind). The tree of life was not some kind of a first aid kit in case of an emergency, put a central part of their diet. We still are as perfectly mortal as A&E we are just not getting the magic substances or the fountain of youth.

While we are on genetics, News: Longevity of the human race is due to old man having children. woman cese to have kids at preset ages before~50. Men keep on inseminating until they die, the oldest inseminators have offspring with that robust fertility, and have passed it on poosting the overall age in the process. Long live viral old men. The bible is right sometimes: Early bible men had kids when centenarian.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It could have been all the inbreeding between Cain and his sister, and between their children, and between their cousins. LOL

But I think the dubbies have a dented Jell-O mold creation myth that should take care of this conundrum, if the dented mold=DNA.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebel8 - "It could have been all the inbreeding between Cain and his sister, and between their children, and between their cousins."

If anything would've caused "physical imperfection" it's definitely that. :smirk:

• deegee
    deegee
    I heard from an older jw that the idea was once that Adam and Eve would have eventually had to eat from the Tree of Life or die. The WTS also says that the difference between humans on earth living forever required support from God, water, air, food, etc, and the anointed in heaven and Jesus, spirit creatures that did not need support to live from God, that their life was within themselves............

Thanks for bringing this up Blondie.

If Adam & Eve needed to eat from the tree of life in order to live, then it means that they were never created with an inherent ability to live forever, they were created detective, to die, to be prone to disease and consequent death. The default position was death and a defective body prone to diseases, so whether or not Adam & Eve sinned they were going to die anyway. This contradicts the WT's position that everything God created was good:

Genesis 1:31: "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good".
    1Timothy 4:4:
    "For everything God created is good........"

Whether:

1. God created Adam (& Eve) with a perfect body then altered his DNA (my statement above),

OR

2. Adam (& Eve) did not have the inherent ability to live forever as they needed to eat from the tree of life in order to live forever. And so Adam (& Eve) was never created with a perfect body in the first place. God created Adam (& Eve) with a defective body prone to diseases and death.

in both cases, wouldn't it be God who is responsible for sickness and consequent death in the world?

Point 2. brings me to another point: Jesus ransom sacrifice was meaningless if Adam did not lose a perfect body.

• deegee
    deegee
    When a person commits suicide, what is the proximate cause of death, the instrument, the person, or God who made the person mortal?

Interesting question Fisherman.

It seems the underlying causes of suicide are either mental health issues or terminal (physical) illness.

According to researchers, suicide in most cases involves an underlying mental health condition.
    For example, researchers have found that if someone close to an adolescent dies by suicide, the adolescent’s mental health history is a bigger predictor of future suicidal behavior than his or her relationship to the suicide victim:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/colorado-springs-teens-keep-killing-themselves/ar-AAj9RXy?li=AAggNb9

http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(09)60217-3/abstract

Mental health issues usually arise from a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Some choose doctor assisted suicide to end their lives when they are terminally ill:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wellness/first-child-dies-by-euthanasia-with-parent%E2%80%99s-approval/ar-BBwlvwn

There is also the ongoing debate whether the mentally ill should also be allowed the option of doctor assisted suicide:
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/my-life-is-a-nightmare-windsor-man-27-wants-legally-assisted-death/ar-AAjH8Oc?li=AAggNb9

I think it is safe to say that the underlying causes of suicide - mental health issues or terminal illness - stem from defects in the human mind and body.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

prologos - "The Eden account implies that A&E were created mortal, depending not just on food energy, but on that special ingredient: leaves, fruit, bark,- whatever off the tree of life, sooner or later, perhaps constantly..."

It doesn't just "imply" it, it practically spells it out to anyone with half a brain.

I once brought up that very subject to my service group one Saturday morning.

I couldn't decide which made them more uncomfortable: the analysis, or the fact that the elder in the group concurred with me. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit