by saorean 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome Saorean! You know it's a cult when you have to hide your identity while you execute a hidden plan to reduce damages to you and/or your family.

• millie210
    millie210

Somebody go find a younger person to talk to Saorean!

Kidding....

I am over 50 too so I cant help with the younger thing but I can say that in my own growth out of the JWs I used a lot of resources.

What I found is people tend to use the platforms that suit them. Some of that is age related. I availed myself of all viewpoints and all mediums of learning. YouTube is great for that. Forums like this one are great for the encyclopedic amount of accumulated experience. A lot of ex elders are here which gives quite a bit of perspective.

And so it goes...I would say avail yourself of any and all methods of gaining support and tools for unlearning the dogma and getting support while doing so.

Nice to meet you and welcome!

• saorean
    saorean

Thanks guys. Appreciate the warm welcome.

It's gonna be a long read.

I'm still getting a hang of this forum so in time I'll be able to quote each individual comment for now. For now I will have to give general responses and answers to questions posed.

Giordano: your expressions definitely capture my sentiments. In recent times, the biggest crises I've had is climbing the platform to give talks on teachings that I know to be FALSE. It's been a tog of war for my conscience. For now, I've tried to dodge assignments and give excuses as much as I can without raising a flag.

Giordano you really did go the mile in reeling out a lot of facts. All the facts you mentioned I've researched and even more. I'm not one to act on impulse. Like I said earlier, I'm an elder albeit young. I'm what you may normally call a JW nerd. I'm that guy his peers outside the borg hates, and even those within the borg hate because I make them look bad. ๐Ÿ˜Š

That's how deep I'm in. I've made research for over a year, read almost all the books written by ex-jws, done independent research on the net on each of the major doctrine of the borg. I would have loved to share what things motivated me to start my independent research. But if I do that, that will give me away as a lot of context is involved. I'll do that once I'm out of the borg which is soon.

So believe me when I tell you I already have enough rational motivation to leave the borg.

• For those asking if the work is growing as the borg claims.

Well, I'll say the answer to that question is relative. As you may know, Africa is a very large continent with 54 Countries. So each country has it's peculiarities. There are countries where Islam is the only religion. In such countries, no one dares go preach there, as it's steeped in extremism and terrorism.

In some countries, it's mixed. In those countries, depending on the culture and the economical situation, there are some who listens; The poorer the region (even within a country) the more receptive they are.

Then there are majorly christian nations. Even these nations present a challenge as most of them will not change the religion of their birth for another. Especially one that their pastors have warned them against.

If you want to really see the evidence that religion is a Racket and a snare, come to Africa. It's kept the continent back.

(The Europeans, Americans and Arabs really did a 360 on us).

• As for the question about building of kingdom halls,

I can only speak for my region. From the last meeting we held with and LDC member in 2018, it was hammered into our ears that the borg needs more lands for K. Halls.

Vanderhoven7: a very destructive cult indeed. But I'm thankful that I'm free. For me the most important freedom is mental. Have that and the physical will be a walk in the park.

Thanks guys.

• Ronin
    Ronin

Nice bro, are you in Africa in assignment or are you from there? I am also a PIMO Elder.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Yes, many of us have grown old in this system of things, something the WT assured us would never happen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SAOREAN:

Welcome to the forum. Even though there are many who are older, we are young at heart๐Ÿ˜‰. Actually, there is a mix of ages here.

I am out almost two decades and I am shocked at what the JW religion is morphing into. As has been brought out, they have become what they have railed against. I feel badly for those who have to get their families out of there!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Saorean to the forum ,friend ,its a great place to be and your not alone there have been many newbies that have joined these past few months even.

I`m an elderly senior citizen ,LOL .Have you read "Captives of A Concept" by Doug Cameron ,{ I should be getting royalties for pushing his book} He uses the WT own publications and reasoning to debunk them.

Welcome from Australia

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome, Saorean.

• saorean
    saorean

Ronin: I'm from there

Smiddy3 : nope I've not read that yet. But I do know that the phrase "captives of a concept" was mentioned in Crises of conscience by Ray Franz.

Now, that you've mentioned it, I'll be sure to check it out.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome to the forum , I'm afraid that l don't meet any of your criteria though . l am a middle to older aged woman who has never been a JW , in fact l am a life long Anglican from England .

l have learnt a lot about the Watchtower religion from this site , and you will get lots of good advice on here .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit