by saorean 21 Replies latest jw friends

• saorean
    saorean

Hello there,

This is the first of many posts from me. I'm PIMO, an overseer, somewhere in Africa. I'll hold of giving further details until I've executed my plan to leave the organization.

I really feel people in Europe and America have it better when it comes to support groups. Because of the poverty and hope seeking of many in Africa, the organization is using the perfect sales pitch to sell hope. How much of their work is successful is determined by a lot of factors. For example, poorer areas with no social amenities and education usually experience growth, while affluent and informed folks see through their B. S.

So far, from my perusal of different threads, I've noticed more middle aged and older people.

Is it that there are no young brothers or sisters who are below 30 here? I ask because seeing that leaving the borg will leave me friendless, I look forward to build a new circle of friends who love unconditionally.

Looking forward to creating memories here.

Nice to be here. 😊

• dozy
    dozy

Welcome. Sorry - middle aged guy here - but there are quite a few younger ones around.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hell Saorean--and welcome to the site.

regarding the members ages--in recent weeks we have had a good number of relatively young new members posting on here--teens and twenties.

not me though--i'm a very senior citizen.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Hi saorean,

welcome! I guess you're right concerning the age group. I would guess that the exjw community on Reddit is on average younger.

I'm also over 50 already.

vivalavida

• saorean
    saorean

Dozy: You don't need to apologize. 😊 I will always appreciate invaluable inputs from middle aged folks and senior citizens.

Stan livedeath : thanks. That means I'm in the right place then 😊

• carla
    carla

Welcome!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Saorean.

It sounds like your on the way out. In the mean time do not continue to mislead those believers who think they have the truth. Try not to judge those who simply want to leave and live an honest and kind life.

According to the Pew religious survey 67% of JW born-ins leave the religion. Most just by fading away. The door to door service is being replaced by trolleys. The appeal of being a JW is no longer functioning in first world countries...... the Society is going the way of other shaky religions.

On a world wide basis about 80,000 are Disfellowshiped and/or Disassociated every year. The fact that both groups are shunned equally is a tragic consequence for a flawed policy. To shun a person, have families broken is a form of torture.

It is a clear miss representation of the JW policy that the JW's have the right to religious freedom and the right to shun a person who simply wants freedom from their religion.

In today's internet world people are learning that JW doctrines, history and claims are false. What the WT rallied about in their history has become them. Ignorance, lies and cruelty is now their description. Growth is still possible only if there is no way to learn what the Society is really about.

It's sins are mounting. A huge pedophile problem because of their two witness rule which protects pedophiles first and foremost making the JW world a pedophile's paradise and a parents nightmare.

In reality it is not a religion it is a semi social group based on some common teachings that allow a JW to think they are special and will live in a paradise earth.

There is no mention in the bible of a paradise earth just like the old WT claimed 'millions living today will not (changed to May not) die'. Guess what?

People who have access to the internet can research the WTBTS within seconds and see what the reality is. In third world countries not so much....... so the bigger the lie the bigger the acceptance of delusional beliefs.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Saorian, So we were told the organization needed money for 100's of kingdom halls in Africa because of the the tremendous growth. Do you know if that's true?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome to the site Saorean! Your first hand knowledge of the situation will be interesting and useful. The governing body look to Africa to show the rest of the JW world how the so-called 'truth' is still making great strides. They brag about the giant uptick in the witness numbers in the democratic Republic of Congo. The Second Congo War destabilised vast populations in many countries and starving people are desperate for peace and good government. It is not surprising they fall for the false promises of the JW org.

It occurs to me that the Witnesses of Africa should be made aware of the appalling, callous way in which Watchtower leaders supported the non compliance of political card purchase in Malawi in the 1960s. This lead to torture and other atrocities whereas in Mexico, so close at home, JW HQ connived with those members who wanted to bribe or buy their way out of a similar situation. What do you think?

• tiki
    tiki

Welcome and congratulations for seeing through the scam and extricating yourself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit