Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

by AndersonsInfo 92 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• carla
    carla

It is trending on Yahoo news right now, looks like the AP picked it up-

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-jehovahs-witnesses-must-pay-34m-abuse-survivor-170148001.html

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndersonsInfo - "I'm so sorry for the second woman who wasn't awarded anything. What a blow to her that must of been."

Maybe the first woman will give her half. After all, they went in together.

Besides, what can you do with $34 million that you can't do with $17?

• Spiral
    Spiral

ExJWReddit also now has a list of news outlets carrying the story Yeah!

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

It is actually 15 million dollars as punitive damages are maxed at 10 million dollars or 3% of the defendant's net worth whichever is least.

One article does say that there is a challenge to the punitive max that is going in Montana but that case probably won't be resolved before the trial judge enters the final decision.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I'm so extremely bothered that my whole family donates to this cult and their donation money is used to pay these lawsuits.

• caves
    caves

Now we need 100 more cases like this to come forward in rapid succession, that win against the cult, break the bank!!!!

The poor wtbts cult. Rolls eyes.

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the info. The developments and fallout will be interesting to follow.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

The watchtower will have to start selling off even more kindom halls off now, they are really going down the road of being an online cult

• waton
    waton
    I'm so extremely bothered that my whole family donates to this cult and their donation money is used to pay these lawsuits. All or nothing.

I can think of no better use for the money, except for also retroactively paying a minimum salary to all "full time servants" of these purveyors of false doctrines.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let hope the mandatory reporting laws will help hold the verdict together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit