FREE ADVICE

by peaceloveharmony 42 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey people

well, um, ya, so i'm just gonna offer some free, unsolicited adive here.....

quick aside: for those of you that don't know me, here's a little background (short and sweet version)....raised a jw, baptized at 15, da'd at 17.

here is a little PLH philosophy:

if you go through life continually allowing others actions to upset you and cause you stress, you are really missing out on the big picture. i try to be like the duck. a duck's feathers allow water to just roll right off, they don't get waterlogged. well, that's how i try to deal with people that i may not agree with totally, i just let their comment(s) roll right off my back....and that way i don't get "waterlogged", i don't allow other's negativity to affect my outlook on life. well, at least i strive to not allow negativity to affect me .

well, that's it, my free, unsolicitated advice, philosophy, ramblings, whatever you wanna call it.

peave and love
    harmony

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

Thanks PLH,
    Seems the last year ive been learning that same lesson!
    Have to remind myself every now and then though.

Jez

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Yes, PLH, the ability to let stressful things just roll off your back is something to be covetted and sought diligently.

In the meantime - Fred: "F*** Off!" :)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

stephanus, LOL

• professor
    professor

The elders would pluck your feathers and make duck soup!

• hippikon
    hippikon

Ahh Your a Quack!

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

very good advice PLH! and a much better and less stressful way to live. im glad you shared this...thank you!

Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

• Flip
    Flip
    if you go through life continually allowing others actions to upset you and cause you stress, you are really missing out on the big picture.

That’s what the alcoholism councilor said, when I explained to her why I needed to save my older brother from destroying him self and his relations once we discovered and finally admitted to ourselves, his habitual dysfunction was the source of everyone’s negativity.

It’s good advice then, as it is today because there’s little to be gained by allowing a habitually dysfunctional person to destroy your ability to function likewise your ability to assist others.

Flip

• goo
    goo

woh professor - cool - how did u end up getting off the island? can i ask u some questions in private about your relationship with ginger and maryanne? goo.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Excellent advice Harmony!!! Pretty much my philosophy too!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit