Do You Consider Yourself An Honest Person?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I consider myself a basically honest person. I won't cheat on my spouse or lie to her. I don't normally plan on lying to anyone, but in some cases I will and feel no qualms about it. Depends on the situation and the person. I call it "personal strategy". If someone deserves the truth, they will get it. If they don't, they may or may not get it. I pay my taxes and bills and don't ever consider a way of getting out of them. I do break various driving laws. I used to get counseled on my driving while a dub. I always took it as a compliment because IMO witnesses are the worst drivers(as a group) but I digress. Honesty is more than just lying or not lying. It can come down to the way you think and treat others. It's a complex question with complex answers. But overall I think I'm an honest person.

• minimus
    minimus

The poster, "UNDERCOVER" sounds quite fishy, if you ask me. But you sure do sound like a guy that is honest, in all the ways that count.

• shera
    shera
    I don't feel being honest means I have to answer every question people ask me. I have no problem saying, "it's none of your business," or not answering at all.

Blondie

Yep,I agree with that.

I'd say I'm honest. I'm not a good liar and I don't like lieing, but I would be lieing if I said,I have never lied.hehhe

When I was a teen,I would lie to my mom,where I was going,for I could party. stuff like that

• Charmed
    Charmed

One time my dad told me that I speak with a forked tongue. I was basically living a double life at the time, so I guess he was right that I did lie to him all the time. I still think that's a horrible thing to tell your daughter though.

I agree with whoever said that being a JW helped me learn to be a good liar. I constantly had to lie to get away with things that most kids would have never have to worry about. I'm still lying to my family everytime they ask me if I've "turned my back on Jehovah" and I say, "No, I'm just having doubts and I'll try to work it out." Okay maybe that's not a full out lie because I do still believe in God and therefore haven't turned my back on God, but I most definitely have turned my back on the WTBTS, and I know that as JW's that is what they are really referring to when they ask me if I've turned my back on Jehovah. Whatever...the truth would cause them to shun me, so what can I do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit