Do You Consider Yourself An Honest Person?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, does anybody have a good download source for music???

• Xena
    Xena

Minimus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't do that...

Xena of the I let my ex do the dirty work for me class

• minimus
    minimus

Is everyone here a bunch of liars?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Due to my JW upbringing, I'm a pretty honest person. I do believe in the old saying that honesty is the best policy, and I can't tell lies that well - my eyes usually give me away

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

No! I'm with Scully. I purposely lied to my mother to prove a point. She believed a lie over truth. This one brother of mine was one con-man. He would lie to my mom and she would believed him without question. In order for me to get my point across, I lied and she believed me. Go figure.

Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

I think Jehovah's witnesses are trained to be good liars. Almost everytime we overcome an objection, we are LYING. And that's the truth.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yes, I do. Even if someone gives me too much change back, I let them know and return it, even if I don't realize it until later. If I find something, I try to locate the owner. I don't assume it's my "gift" just because I found it.

Honesty is not really something one can be "taught". Being a JW did not "make me honest". I learned from a young age, that honesty is the best policy, even if it hurts. I'm sure that I tested the waters when I was young, but I came to realize that I feel better about myself if I tell the truth. In some instances, the truth can hurt another person, so we have to use good judgement in how we relay information, or if we are in a position to relay that truth. It may be none of our business at all.

There are lots of religious people, including JW's who will try to get away with anything they can. They are only fooling themselves. Honesty is an attribute that comes from loving another person enough not to cheat them in any way--even if you don't know them. And, for me, this applies to groups of people that form organizations or government offices.

Cheating is dishonest, even if it's in a simple game being played. I always think that if a person cheats, I want to keep my eye on them, because I figure I can't trust them in other areas either.

• blondie
    blondie
    Honesty is an attribute that comes from loving another person enough not to cheat them in any way--even if you don't know them

Good sumup, Sentinel.

Matthew 7 (NASB) 12 "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I don't feel being honest means I have to answer every question people ask me. I have no problem saying, "it's none of your business," or not answering at all.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, if I am asking you, you MUST tell me because I have the right to know. Otherwise YOU are lying.

• blondie
    blondie

But you are lying about having the right to know.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit