What Does The Organization Really Teach?

by Sea Breeze 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

In all seriousness, it's a good question. If you asked me that question, I still struggle with defining what JWs actually do believe. When you ask a JW you're more likely than not to get a list of things that they don't believe, usually a list of what they think that "Christendom" believes.

I suppose that the defining belief relates to the above cartoon. They absolutely believe what will happen to them if they don't believe what they're told.

• Riley
    Riley

As far as i can tell, Jesus died for a group called the anointed remnant that is solely represented by the faithful slave or governing body. Gods grace was extended to these men and these men alone.

Through your works and obedience to these men and the organization they lead , you may or may not do enough to be saved.

Also Jesus was practicing guitar and playing call of duty in his fathers basement from 33 ad to 1914 before he was finally forced to get a real job.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I was thinking of this very thing, when the topic of JW Lite started being discussed. And I thought that buried within our voluminous catechism of teachings, there lies perhaps only 10 core religious concepts and the rest (perhaps 100 or so) exist as behavioral rules.

Its much like trying to button down the Jewish belief system in Jesus' day. I doubt few ordinary Jews actually knew what they believed in much detail, but what they did know, was not the cross the laws of the Pharisees.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - “What does the organization really teach?”

That the organization is a real teacher.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

They teach that Jehovah and Jesus are bad with money and confused about the future.

So JWs must send watchtower money and be ready for flip-flops in beliefs and prophecies. :)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Great thread.

Its all " carrot and stick" mentality

For the "we are all in a race"... Which will never END!!!

Just move those goalposts!!

• Touchofgrey
    Touchofgrey

Many forms of christianity use the carrot and stick approach to exercise control over its believers.

Accept jesus as your saviour and enjoy endless existence in heaven.

Deny jesus as your saviour and suffer for all eternity in hell .

Jws just use a different carrot and stick to control their believes.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Many forms of Christianity use the carrot and stick""

"JWs just use a different carrot and stick to control their believers".

Just different forms of control. Methods. Instilling fear in them ,,, infantilizing & the demands of the organization.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Most Christians simply believe that the Resurrection really happened and that is the simple foundation for their faith. Churches are there so that like-minded people can hear the word of God, be encouraged and fellowship with one-another.

Scripture says that perfect love throws out fear. So, if you are in a church that uses fear to control, you are in the wrong church. It's pretty smple to figure out. I've attended dozens of churches over the years and have never encountered ANYTHING like the Wtachtower. It is a fake church and would be condemned by Jesus every bit as much as he condemned the Pharisees. It is an abomination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit