A series of Animal Rights questions

by zucker 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Zucker you're just plain wrong. I've seen the Peta folks at fishing tournaments attempting to disrupt the event. I saw one Peta boat full of folks throw a five-gallon paint can of blood into one of the contestant boats. That had to be stopped; someone was going to get seriously hurt. I've read news reports of other antics of this group as they have attempted to intefere with people's choice of what to eat and it amounted to a restraint of trade. The president of Peta was for a long time quoted on the Peta site that she wanted to see the end of even the concept that people kept pets. And on and on and on and on in that vein.

Face it, the Peta folks are a cult. They have all the characteristics of a cult; therefore they walk like a duck, quack, swim, fly and all else like a duck. They must be a duck.

I have a friend whose wife has a fox stole. He doesn't smoke, but he carries a big cigarette lighter (butane) with him and he swears that if any Peta folks ever come up to his wife and he in public when she's wearing that stole, and begin some of the shit they pull, he's going to get out his lighter and someone is going to be hurt.

People don't like Peta, and they've got damn good reasons for not liking Peta. People want to mind their own business and make their own decisions; they don't want Peta attempting to force their way on them - or JWs either.

Peta - self-righteousness gone berserk. You watch. Some Peta nut is going to be seriously hurt before long.

francois

• zucker
    zucker

Francois so what if some of the PETA members can't be civil toward people that don't think the same way as they do. Fuc* um! They don't own the patent on the case for animal rights. It doesn't change the message and the truth or falsity of it. Just because some dorks have to spray paint someones fur coat doesn't mean it was right for twenty foxes to have to die for that fancy get-up. But why am I telling you this for, you already know that such a ploy would fall under the ad hominem fallacy.

zucker

• Robdar
    Robdar

the only conclusion I have come up with so far is that they should give up cat ownership. Anyone have alternate thoughts?

Ballistic, I have pondered the same question. Since animal rights people want others prosecuted for animal abuse, and I agree with that, why not prosecute them? It seems only fair.....

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit