Oh the humanities...my wicked neighbor!

by username 14 Replies latest social humour

• onightdivine
    onightdivine
    Hey, I got 3 birthday cakes at work this year! Lol. No human decapitations happened, by the way.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

JW's ( and other religions ) have reduced God to this angry old man in the sky waiting for us to do something bad so he can shake his fist in the air in rage or be crestfallen in utter disappointment at our weaknesses or failings or who is watching with rapt attention, our trivial comings and goings. (think of the sad Jehovah routine in the Caleb and Sophia videos)

Those old notions from childhood that were intended to mold us to a certain way of thinking, tend to linger long after the desired effect took place and beyond the point where a person should have normally be able to shake them off.

• jhine
    jhine

I think that the main reason that birthdays , Christmas etc are banned is to keep JWs separate and promote a feeling of superiority . I know that Witnesses laugh at people who do celebrate and feel better for not participating .

Of course you do get the knock on effect of not spending money at those times . , which is a bonus ( for the WT ) .

I am bemused by some of the comments. àbout Christian faiths in general . As a long time member of the Anglican Church I don' t recognise the picture often painted , not just on this thread , about Christianity as a whole . And of course the main difference is I am free to go to whichever church I choose , or non at all , with no negative consequences .

Jan

• Zoos
    Zoos

I have turned down so many offerings of birthday cake in purity and self righteousness. Only now do I understand the looks of "what a FREAK" and confusion.

I used to think they only looked at me that way because they were devoid of godliness, the look of someone slated for death at Armageddon... the disgusting look of someone who eats............ birthday cake.

"Go ahead goat. Go ahead bird food. Go ahead murderers, adulterers and people who eat birthday cake.... for I.... I will live forever in paradise on earth while you eat your filthy confection of doom!"

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    That's the beauty of superstition and the superstitious. No need to rationalize in order to get people to obey you, simply stick a demonic label on it and like magic they listen and obey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit