What's Your Opinion Of Charles Taze Russell?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well, he had the best looking beard this side of the Great Pyramid!

b

• minimus
    minimus

Do the B.S. (Bible Students) still think that CTR was the faithful slave and Laodecian messenger???

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Is Wackjob one word or two?

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

A progressive, lateral thinking entrepreneur with scant regard for his fellow humans.

Afterall.......if you can't find a real job.....start a religion.

cheeses

• larc
    larc

Manon, Harry Hoodini did not believe in spiritism. He checked it out and found it to be fraudulent. I have read is writings on this subject in Scientific American, a very high quality scientific journal.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Pass me the bucket - one sister said he's on a par with Jesus

Dansk

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

I think he was a: KOOK, NUT, DERANGED,and MENTALY DEFICIENT. Just read volume seven of the Finished Mystery for verification of that.

HCM

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A very bizarre man, probably a product of the strange, changing times that he lived in.

Takes a wild imagination and an incredible amount of narcissism for him to have read Matthew 24:45 and think, "hey, I think this is ME Jesus is talking about!" LOL

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hi Minimus! You asked if the Bible Students still believe he was the Faithful Servant. I believe they do. My mother, who now lives in Tn. is still faithful to her beliefs as a Bible Student and has told me on many occasions that CTR is the faithful servant. They still adhere to his early teachings, and publish quite a bit of literature. The Millenial Dawn (equivalent to the WT) is still printed and used. They have a daily text also called Daily Manna. They have a web site too, I found it by typing in International Bible Students Association. I don't have the link anymore or I would have provided it. In my opinion, he was powerful and very influencing on people, because he still has a faithful following. My mother is the only member who lives in TN and has to cellibrate the memorial alone. They calculate the date differently than the witnesses and it is usually not the same night as the JW's. She has stayed with it since she was a teenager, she is now 76 years old. She recieves taped talks from her "Brethren" back North, and still mails out fliers with topics of the coming New System under Christ to people she finds in the obituary section of the local TN newspaper. She always told me that was her service duty. Pretty wild, Huh?

CC

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

A highly confused man who wouldn't recognize the Watchtower Society today. I am going to finally see his grave this October in Pittsburgh. Looking forward to finally meeting him - lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit