Theft of Identity from the Borg

by Yizuman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

As most of you know, I have been out for a very long time. I was raised in it, and left in my 20's. As a young person, my life and my identity was woven into the JW fabric.

I try not to think of the "what if's" of life. Surely, I would have been a different person, if not raised as JW. Whether I would have been a better or a worse of a person can never be known.

Simon, your comments are very sad to me. All I can say is that you have only been out for a relatively short time, and life does get better, and healing does occur.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I didnt read this thread before I started one on how I was feeling here lately. Seems we all have so many emotions right now,,,,,,, I wonder if it is because of this holiday? Most of us didnt go to the Memorial, something we have always done,,,,, for me this is the 2nd one in my whole life I have missed.

I am sad because I thougth months ago, I would find a church to go to for Easter, or I would do something here at home to honor what Jesus did. I did nothing.

The Ten Commandments came on tonite and I always loved that movie,,,,,now it seems like a fantasy movie from Disney. I didnt even watch it this year. Guess I am just feeling a little lost tonite, and I really think it has to do with what I once considered to be spiritual hunger. I am not talking about going outside and feeling the creation, or the beauty of the universe, I am talking about wanting to believe that God hears you, kind of hunger...........if that makes any sense at all.

• danb71
    danb71

Wow, what a thread to read first thing in the morning. Looks like it struck a chord or two.

One of my favorite Nick Hornby lines is "it's what you like, not what you are like". The things we do with our lives, the people and things we give our time and emotion to, make us who we are.

Spend enough time with a group that frowns on anyone being into anything more than their religion and most people will start feeling faceless. I sure did, just didn't realize it until I was out for a while. What a great feeling it is to have hobbies without having to justify them to friends and family!

It's a drag that I didn't get to play little league baseball, go to my prom, college, etc, and sometimes I too think about how I might have turned out without the JW experience. But I could have turned out to be a real jackass, you know?

This was the "Sliding Doors" thread.

d

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SIMON))))))))))))))))))))))) I have no words!But the Simon that helped us find each other is tops as far I am concerned,,,,If there is another ONE IN THERE!!!COME OUT! COME OUT! WHERE EVER YOU ARE<<<<<We love the one here.....

• undercover
    undercover
    I think I lost the "real me" when I was a little lad many years ago. He's probably still in here, buried deep down but I'll never be the person I should have been or be able to replace what was lost.

You put into two sentances the exact feeling that I have but was never able to find a way to express.

• avengers
    avengers

Do you feel like your whole self and identity has been stripped from you?

Darn right!!
    They stripped me from my pension. (Why should I pay for a pensionfund if Armageddon is right around the corner?)
    They stripped me from my education. (Just educate yourself enough so you can support your family. Pioniering is more important)
    They stripped me from my family. (My wife divorced me, because I was interfering with her "spiritual welbeing".
    They stripped me from my whole self and identity. (Do not read books that are written other than the "Society's") (Do not develop yourself in engineering. Learn about construction. In the new world we need houses. you know the drill. I fell for the whole shebang. I wonder now how could I have been sooooo stuuuuuupid?)

That's why it's not enough for me that this society changes. It has to go!

She has become a home for demons
    and a haunt for every evil [ 1 ] spirit,
    a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.

"Come out of her, my people,
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
    and God has remembered her crimes.
    6 Give back to her as she has given;
    pay her back double for what she has done.
    Mix her a double portion from her own cup.
    7 Give her as much torture and grief
    as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
    In her heart she boasts,
    'I sit as queen; I am not a widow,
    and I will never mourn.'
    8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
    death, mourning and famine.
    She will be consumed by fire,
    for mighty is the Lord JEHOVAH God who judges her.
    9 "When the kings of the earth (UN?) who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her

Revelation 18.

my 2 0,01. worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit