conversation with a JW about the sun

by neat blue dog 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

JW: Didn't we just hear somebody say that the sun's gonna blow up?

Me: Well, they were saying that it will expand and eventually burn out.

JW: But it can't do that, it just keeps blowing up inside and getting more power.

Me: Well, they were talking about stars in general, how they have a life span.

JW: But God didn't make it that way, it's firmly established to time indefinite. It's not like the sun is a regular star. Who gave them that right to decide?

• carla
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The jw cult where science is a mystery and God of the Bible is not or what do facts have to do with anything? Still Totally ADD

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

For thor sake please say that imbecile hasnt bred yet

• Jayk
    Jayk

Ask them to explain how uranium got in the ground.

• gone for good
    gone for good

ahhh ... how did uranium get in the ground?

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Embarrassingly when I was a JW I thought that god would just refuel the sun to prevent it from depleting hydrogen

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Time indefinite does NOT mean forever! Indefinite according to Webster's dictionary means "not definite", not precise", "having no exact limits". Therefore the sun will last to "time indefinite" and will eventually burn out at an unknown time.

Reopened Mind

• Chook
    Chook

Don’t confuse them with logic. I don’t think there will ever be time where individual jws will be remembered for astronomy.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Embarrassingly when I was a JW I thought that god would just refuel the sun to prevent it from depleting hydrogen

Thats not embarassing. Its science fiction, that is to say science based understanding taken to a conclusion man cannot currently reach. Your principle is sound, if the desert god indeed created all things, “refueling” the sun is both possible and likely. Hardly the most embarassing thing to have believed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit