GO LEAFS GO

by Scully 33 Replies latest social physical

• Jourles
    Jourles

Aztec said:

I should be rooting for the Av's...Woohoo! Go Av's!

Ah sh!t, there goes the cup out the door.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hehe Jourles! Just trying to do my part! >:) ~Aztec

• Francois
    Francois

Hockey. Fighting on ice. You know what I don't like about hockey? The game itself. I can't stand it. Boring. Grown men playing a little boy game, not scoring much and stopping every fifteen or twenty minutes to beat the snot out of each other with those crazy looking sticks.

I was at the Omni one night in Atlanta when we were playing Philly. That game had the longest fight in NHL history: 90 minutes of fighting.

Other than that, I like it pretty good. The beer always stays cold in a hockey game. That's what I like about hockey.

francois

• Scully
    Scully

Francois writes:

The beer always stays cold in a hockey game. That's what I like about hockey.

So, you're saying you understand one of the finer points of the game, eh?

Love, Scully

• berylblue
    berylblue

GO FLYERS!!!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Where's the LEAFS???

Game 7, it's do or die for the Leafs, and they are down 5 - 1.

Philadelphians and their fans must be lovin' this.

I'M NT!

Aztec: looks like Leafs and Wings will have a long summer.

• Scully
  • berylblue
    berylblue

wow!!!! PHILADELPHIA WINS!!!

Time for another Flyer Stanley Cup....

I do remember the first one they won, as the "Broad Street Bullies". It was 1974 (I think) and no one knew who the hell the Flyers were, but Philadelphia was so hungry for a winning team the city went crazy when they won. I lived up the street from Bobby Clarke at the time, and hundreds of fans congregated there, as well as at "Rexy's", a restaurant/bar the Flyers frequented at the time. My sister was there and she saw a STREAKER!! (Remember them?) Then we had a huge parade in Center City, and the crowds were unbelievable. I can't remember the exact number, but I've never seen anything like it. When the Pope and then Reagan came to Center City, it just didn't compare in the slightest.

Ah, those were the days...

Rosemarie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

*cue Madonna's "Take a Bow"*

F-L-Y-E-R-S!!!!!!!!!

woooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooohoooooooo

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well Rayzor, there's always baseball..oh yeah never mind..the Tigers are 1-16! All Detroit really has is hockey...*chokes back sob* ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit