JW's arrogant as f...?!

by Alostpuppydog 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Has anybody else noticed that almost all the Jdubs are super arrogant? I mean even from just the basic ones to especially the elders and the overseers omg. They act like they are so high and mighty that you should just worship them. And if you dare to challenge them or have any disagreement you are immediately 'labeled' and shunned whether or not you are a JW or not. This then, I found, leads to being isolated in the congregation real quick. Not only that, but if you want to converse with someone at a KH about 'moving up' they are very quick to dodge and show you your errors and why it just can't be done... either that or they just plainly ignore you for several minutes and talk about some bull with someone else hoping you go away (lol).

I just felt like ranting for a bit and was just wondering if anybody had some input to add here or any past experiebces.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yeah when I was at the last year or so of being still a sleep I ask the cobe to be put on the school. Seemed like a nice guy and I was getting only about 6-7 hours of service but was volunteering and answering at the meetings. This I thought was another atttempt by me to show progression. Months went by and nothing in response about being allowed on the school. In the end I guess I still wasn't good enough. The whole cult is about power and show.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes...they are very arrogant and self entitled BUT my family and I are better than them so WE shun THEM. REVERSE SHUNNING . ..IT'S GREAT! Feels good too! lol

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well of course they have the power of god the almighty in their hands, god's own chosen earthly organization the Watchtower Corporation, wouldn't you feel arrogant and privileged ?

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

oh yes, arrogance is part of JW life. I hate to say it but I was guilty of it at one point, I think most of us were. The org brainwashes you to think you are better than the world and if you have a position in the org, then you are better than some of the friends who don't have privileges. It's all about appearance as a jdub.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALOSTPUPPYDOG:

Yes, I noticed that arrogance as well in some Witnesses. Perhaps they imagine that having a title in a phony religion gives them the right to think they are actually better than the next person - or, because they got more hours in, more "bible" (literature) studies, ad nauseam. They are higher up in the religion's hierarchy.

They have as many titles as Christendom and are so opposite of being Christlike.

The Witness religion lends itself to fantasy and certain behavior (that I considered offensive)...was tolerated there. I'm referring to older "anointed" who were deliberately difficult to deal with and expected people to "cater" to them. I also saw the same behavior in certain older pioneers and others who were around in the very early days. They thought they were better than the newer and younger JWs in the hall. They imagined they could be rude or make remarks and were not going to be called on it.

Believe me, there were Witnesses there who have long since passed away that I would have loved to tell off or worse. Just who the hell did these people think they are? But, then again, I'm answering my own question. When you have a religion with faulty teachings and people making divine claims, this is what you get.

• schnell
    schnell

If you're genuine in your interest in serving the one true God, the arrogance is often unintended. But when you knock people who go to church in T-shirts and jeans, it should be difficult to call that anything but arrogance. When you mock Mormons just for being Mormons, it should seem hypocritical. When you are convinced that the world belongs to Satan and that everything outside of JWland is "poison", it should defy basic Christianity.

Hell, when you think that humans are so special that the universal sovereignty of God is contingent upon them, that should seem pretty arrogant too.

But life on the inside is all fog and fun house mirrors, I'm afraid.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

It's a lot like the Muslims,

They have the truth,

You don't,

And God is going to destroy all your sorry hides,

You loathsome SOT,

HAHAHAHAHA!

:0)

PS Also, They read, they know lots of stuff, you don't!!!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

When my youngest son told me the reason he will not talk to me anymore is because I am arrogant. I told him he was right and the reason was I was will trained in being arrogant due to the WT Borg I was subjected to all my life. He never answered me back. That was over two years ago. I treat arrogance like I was trying to stop smoking. Most of the time I do good but once in awhile I slip up. It is one of the hardest habits to break. Still Totally ADD

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Has anybody else noticed that almost all the Jdubs are super arrogant? I mean even from just the basic ones to especially the elders and the overseers omg. They act like they are so high and mighty that you should just worship them. And if you dare to challenge them or have any disagreement you are immediately 'labeled' and shunned whether or not you are a JW or not. This then, I found, leads to being isolated in the congregation real quick. Not only that, but if you want to converse with someone at a KH about 'moving up' they are very quick to dodge and show you your errors and why it just can't be done... either that or they just plainly ignore you for several minutes and talk about some bull with someone else hoping you go away (lol).

I just felt like ranting for a bit and was just wondering if anybody had some input to add here or any past experiebces.

Definitely. They have been made believe that that are the ones who have the one an only truth, that they are going to live forever and no one else will, and that their interpretation of facts is the one and only right one.

They live like ostriches, with their heads buried in the ground, not realizing that their asses are all up on the air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit