Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Stupid People???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

minimouse

Why are you being a jerk on this? (on did i get up on the right side of the bed this morning?

I repeat - When I was a young pioneer investigating JW origins I came across a detailed scientific paper on the mental health of English Witnesses. It concluded that Jehovah's Witnesses had a higher than average IQ and were mostly middle class.

This was well over twenty years ago (and i was still a very faithfull JW) so i have no title for the study in question. It was one of several studies i had found back in the late 1970's on the social structure of Jehovah's Witnesses. Ever done any investigative work of your own minimouse - either while still a JW or afterward?

I always stand by what I say minimouse (if i have ever posted any inacurate data please let me know)

It's all very well to call your former brothers and former self stupid and other such names but your opinion doesn't mean jack shit if you can't back it up with sound reasoning and factual analysis.

unclebruce

clue 1 : A "scientific study" is something done by qualified scientists. (you may even find some via an internet search engine these days rather than the long hard slog i had through public library's way back in my youth)

clue 2: read blue blades excellent post and get back to me.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I don't get this, Mini:

,"lacking ordinary activity and keeness of mind, dull, slow-thinking. Charecterized by mental dullness, foolish, senseless.".....I think the average JW fits the description.

Doesn't this mean you included?

Ozzie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ozzie:

This is the simple point many here so quickly forget - we were all a short time ago dedicated JWs .. Therefore whatever brands and insults we slap on "JWs" we're slapping on ourselves.

We should call JWs names buy all means, i've been a tad inventive in that field myself*, but don't pretend you weren't wool died the same.

By the title "Stupid People" I thought collective stupidity might have been the object and theme of this thread but, alas this is just another wallow in the shallows.

:::

Is "stupid" really the best you can come up with minimouse?

unclebruce

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Play the ball, not the man" seems apropos here, eh Unc?

Cheers, Ozzie (of the nephew class)

• berylblue
    berylblue

I don't understand the question.

• minimus
    minimus

I think we're all stupid, especially me.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Farkel, dear boy:

I regard Minimus's posts along with The Sun newspaper.

Quickly flicked through until The Times arrives.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you Englishman for your support. But you got to admit, the Sun is fun!

• Englishman
    Englishman
    But you got to admit, the Sun is fun!

How do you know? Are you British?

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Page 3 is my favorite! I have the Drudge Report as my home page and I like to read the SUN on Sundays.....better than AWAKE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit