At last!

by leddfootdja 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, leddfoot!

(You don't happen to work at SHAP, do you? ;) )

WELCOME!! ~ I'm in Michigan, too, and we have fairly regular ex-JW MeetUps. Contact me at [email protected] and put your JWD ID in the subject line and I'll add you to our back-channel mailing list.

outnfree

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Greetings LF. Just hang your hat and enjoy the 'mix' company the Bible foretold.

Guest 77.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome.

I have already been surprised at all i have/am learning.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome at last to the board!

• riz
    riz

welcome aboard, leddfoot i've been out for 7 years, too!

i only miss one thing about being a witness. the cheese danish.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

OMFG Riz-too funny. I forgot about those! They were awesome.

I loved the muffin breakfast sandwiches too. Come to think of it, the pudding was addictive as well!

• riz
    riz

mmmm yes. vanilla pudding and frozen oj. those things almost made up for three days' worth of Bleacher Butt Syndrome.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

leddfootdja,

I hope you can cope with rejection (I guess the fact you're DF'd is a help) 'cause you'll find plenty of it here. Everyone hates everyone else. Including me

And I used to believe everyone loved cheeses.

Anyway - WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME, pleased to meet you.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome

• lost_and_searching
    lost_and_searching

From another "Newbie".....Big Hugs of WELCOME!!!

Speaking for myself, I just wish I had found this place sooner! This is the first time in my life I haven't felt alone concerning my feelings towards JWs. (I was born into the org 42 years ago, but made my escape when I married my wild Catholic husband 22 years ago.) My parents and sister still have not given up hope that I will return to the fold someday. But even as a child and teen, I knew the JWs were NOT for me. Since I always held back from being baptised, the society couldn't DF me when I slowly left. Which has really helped me to be able to stay close to my family since there is no need to shun me.

Anyway, this group has been such a source of joy and comfort to me. I come here daily to read messages...at times I have even posted questions that I had been needing answers to. NEVER have I felt that there wasn't someone "out there" listening to me...and sending me their support. I hope you find it as great as I have. (I am here now just to get inspired enough to go to Memorial tonight. I only do it to please my 79 year old mother, and it is getting harder every year. You know, if it wouldn't give my mom a heart attack, I would just take a big gulp from that 'ol goblet of wine!!! LOL! )

Now, I just can't wait for the "powers that be" to get the function fixed that will allow me to add a picture and more info to my profile!!! It sounds like fun! And, I want to get involved, too!!!

Happy Easter to all! ~Bobbi (who happily celebrates all the bunnies and eggs of the Pagan Fertility Season. heeheehee)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit