At last!

by leddfootdja 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

I registered 2 months ago but never received the email with a password. I thought the admin had something against me!

Anyway, male 28 y/o ex-jw as of 7 years ago from the Sterling Heights(Detroit), MI area.

Been lurking on the forum for a few months now and have been absolutely blown away at the things I have been reading.

I knew The Society wasn't right but didn't have any specific reasons for that thought other than being disfellowshipped

and shunned by family and friends alike.

Now I have tons thanks to you guys! Looking forward

to further healing and enlightenment.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome aboard, leddfoot!! This is a great place for information and exchange of ideas. Heck, sometimes it's just plain fun.

I look forward to reading more from you!

• Yesterdays Child
  • liquidsky
    liquidsky

Hello & Welcome!

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Welcome buddy, hope you enjoy being here and make many new friends !

• onacruse
    onacruse

leddfoot, welcome!

have been absolutely blown away at the things I have been reading.

Same here. I had all kinds of intellectual and personal conflicts with the WTS for years, but didn't have the emotional courage to take a deliberate stand and walk away from my life-long religion, family and friends. Even after I was DFd, I still carried a boxcar load of emotional baggage and mental blindness. This forum is where my healing started, and it started with being "absolutely blown away" by discovering the comraderie and common bonds.

Glad to have you here.

Craig

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Welcome Leddfootdja!

You'll find this site fascinating, interesting and always revealing.

You're not alone. Also there are many folks on here from the Greater Detroit area.

Welcome, and please contribute when you feel the urge to do so.

Best wishes, Rayzorblade.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

WELCOME!

Glad to see you can finally walk among the posting!

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Welcome to the forum!!! ^_^ Looking forward to hearing your story in the personal experiences section!

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Wow! What a welcome. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes.

I hope that my 16 yrs experience(age 5-21) within the organization and subsequent 7 years outside proves

to be of some value here. Don't want to take all the time and not give anything back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit