Memorial anyone?

by basics-for-me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

After being disfellowshipped, my freind and I realized the full meaning of our relationship with Christ.

We are never going to be Witesses again, and we have lost lots of family these past months.

My friend has been a Witness all his life, and grew up in the same Hall.

Were both going together and partaking. They are sure to be mad and gnashing their teeth over this one, because of the complexities of our disfellowshipping. They will be shocked for sure.

We believe we must confess this union and new identity before them, family and former friends. Saying,,,, We dont need your conditional, {jump through hoops} love anymore, we have Christ!!

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

oh yeah, and just in case they try to divert the wine and bread from us because we are DF'd, and they try to skimp on us, I have a small bottle of wine, and a bag of the crackers, and a wine glass I will be tucking in a small backpack I will bring with me. JUST IN CASE................we'll still partake in the Hall, if I have to whip out my backpack contents...

though I pray things will go smoothly.....

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was thinking of going, but I will likely not after over 30 straight yrs of attending. One reason is that my wife will not go, and I don't want to have people looking at me and thinking 'where's his wife?' because that's what they will think.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Fruitcake: Well, at least you're going to make it interesting. You MUST report back. Good Luck.

• Dawn
    Dawn

NO!!!

But I will have a private celebration because I appreciate what the Lord has done for me in my life. And I WILL partake (since I won't have anyone else to pass the plate on to.........)

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I guess I'm weak. I'm still slow fading. Still go to the meeting twice a month. Still considered a witness so I'm going to the Memorial. Its the only way I can keep from getting a visit and getting DF or DA. I guess its ok to miss some meetings...But if I miss the Memorial all Hell will break loose.

Diamond

• rebel
    rebel

I have definitely made up my mind not to go, but I know I may be in for a rough ride later.

I had 2 elders visit last Saturday. I didn't invite them in - I kept them at the door. My husband was out in field service and I didn't want them ganging up in me when I was on my own. I told them I would be at the memorial, even though I knew I wouldn't be, just to get rid of them.

This is the first one I have missed in 18 years.

xxR

• Nordic
    Nordic

NO!!!

• Nordic
    Nordic

NO!!!

• JBean
    JBean

Hi all! Diamond, no you're not weak! I too am sloooowww fading... been doing so for about 4 years now! (Can't believe how time flies!) I don't attend meetings anymore, but am going to the Memorial with my folks (they're in another congregation/city) so they don't totally freak out. I'm sure many understand the issues. At this point, I'm not making too many waves because I see no need to get DF'd and have my family not be able to speak with me. Just doing my own thing and becoming very happy! Jbean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit