Australian humour

by Simon 17 Replies latest social humour

• Dansk
    Dansk

Yep,

it’s ‘a

That’s Australian all right! Oh, Yeah! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    When I was in San Diego, I was asked if we spoke English in Australia.....

I think I met that same person when she was visiting over in Europe!!!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Simon and Uncle Bruce,

Very funny, needed the chuckle, ta

When I was in San Diego, I was asked if we spoke English in Australia.....

Ohhhhh, those darn stupid 'mericans again! ~sigh~ such a burden carrying the 'dumbass' load for the rest of the world but hey, we're Merkins! We're up to the challenge!

Dana

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

lighten up Stephanus -

Simon and I meant no harm .. sheesh ..surely even snakefree Irishmen know that Australia is home to some of the most deadly snakes in the world. (that said - most of them aren't very interested in people) Eastern Brown Snakes are an exception - most venomous and they will chase people.

No Stephanus - 7000 Native animals are killed everyday on NSW roads! You clearly haven't seen our recent WIRES newspaper ads."TODAY 7,000 AUSTRALIANS WILL DIE ON NSW ROADS"

Sheesh - you're the second one today to question my facts. If you think i have ever posted unverifyable data please let me know.

I have experience with reptiles Stephanus - Death Adders originally were called "deaf adders" They rattle there little tail to attract birds and then strike. They don't run when approached and i often helped them off the roads arround here.

unclebruce, Regional Rep for Far South East WIRES*

*NSW Wildlife Information and Rescue Service

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

safe4;

we're Merkins

... sorry, but did you know a merkin is a pubic hair wig?

(P.S. I've had people ask me "What do you speak in England?" question in the 'States... one was 15 so we'll just disregard that. The other was a Physics Teacher... )

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Abaddon,

Thanks for the info; I think it was Jan H who used to refer to Americans as "Merkins"...now I see why!

As for the comments about what language is spoken in England...unfortunately it doesn't surprise me at all. I think that it's safe to say the American educational system is in desperate need of an overhaul. Truly sad that such a question came from a teacher

Dana

• riz
    riz

Abaddon-

so my question is, does one wear this merkin on one's head or where the bathing suit covers?

If the answer is the latter, could you tell me where I could find one because I think it would be fantastic to have a day at the beach looking like I have Macy Gray in a leg lock. thanks in advance.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LMAO at Dana

Yes, it's such a burden being an Australian and having to explain the simplest things to foreigners .. sigh .. us merkins just keep covering for the pricks lol

:::

Hey Machin - I think you're offending me ya rotten bastard!

unclebruce

http://www.wires.au.com/help/help.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit