What Next? Syria?

by Robdar 61 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It has been reported that Bush is looking at economic sanctions first. Syria is not a surprise. There has been a Bill in the House to take "action" against Syria for some time. It is expected to pass.

Remember, Syria is the second home for all the ex-Saddam elite. Most of the additional fighters that have entered Iraq are from, and supported by Syria:

An Australian patrol apprehended 59 senior Iraqi military figures in western Iraq. They were carrying $600,000 in U.S. cash and letters saying, "Death to America." What is that? Your entree visa to Syria or Jordan?

This is reminiscent of Madeleine Albright and Bill Clinton saying we shouldn't want to be the world's superpower. Compare this to Ronald Reagan's wisdom: "Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the United States was too strong."

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

my apologies

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It is amusing to read what the naysayer’s are now pontificating, when all you have so far is a dismal record on predicating reality regarding the Iraq issue. LOL, now some, instead of learning from their record of irreverent viewpoints , are continuing to make extreme predications and assumptions that have no merit.

Regarding the WMD’s, the bigger question is where did they go, another country? I hope not. More will yet unfold.................

• dubla
  • Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

syria next? no, not until something major happens like a huge terrorist attack that could be blamed on the syrians. then it's probably worth talking about.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Does anyone else see the irony that the United States forms a Coalition to remove WMD from Iraq when it was the United States who suppled Iraq with weapons during the Iraq-Iran War of the 1980's? Or that the American/Coalition forces in Afghanistan are contending with weaponry that the United States suppled Afghani mujahdeen in the 1980's for fighting against the invading Communist Soviets? What goes around comes around, and you have to face up to your actions. Frothing-at-the-mouth United States uber-Patriots are so bloody annoying because they do not realize the facts that in many cases the bully-tactics of American foreign policy are the very reason that the United States faces so many problems in the first place.

What else really gets my goat is how George W. Bush somehow attempts to claim the moral authority when preaching from his platform that "tyrannical dictators and an axis of evil must be removed who have used chemical weapons on their own people or are seeking WMD...blah blah blah God bless America" Dare we not forget that the United States government has used chemical weapons on it's own citizens? What about the Tuskegee incident in which African-American citizens of the United States were injected with syphilis to see what type of reactions it would cause? Or Agent Orange in Vietnam? Or how about the largest stockpile of WMD on Earth is possessed by the United States? Or that the ONLY country to ever use a nuclear weapon is the United States in August of 1945 when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki and incinerated 100,000+ people and subsequently killed thousands more with radiation poisoning? The United States is HARDLY in a place to proclaim being the moral authority.

Right-wing neo-conservatives are so interested in supporting their man that they fail to see hee is reckless and a hypocrite, and very likely inciting another world war or global catastrophe with his cowboy actions.

Syria may be next.. but where does it end? Are the middle-class taxpayers of the United States responsible for footing the bill for nation-building for every nation that has a an evil man in power? Where does it end? Syria? Iran? North Korea? then Saudi Arabia? Jordan? Yemen? Each is known to possess a network of terrorists who operate within the state. How many billions or trillions will the US economy be in the red before Bush starts concentrating on domestic issues instead of policing the entire world?

The media coverage never discusses the economy of Bush in a bad light. After all, it is taboo and unAmerican to criticize a President for his flaws at wartime. Let us look at his track record. He is a convicted drunken driver. His daughters are drug addicts and alcoholics. He did not win the popular vote and won the Presidency in a lawsuit that was questionable at best. How quickly people forget. Bush condemns the corrupt and immoral accounting practices of WorldCom and Enron when he himself committed the same type of insider trading and dumping of stock prior to a fall when he sold his shares in Arbesto/Harken and Spectrum 7 Oil 12 years ago for a 200 percent profit before the company lost millions. He gets into Yale on the good graces of his father who was a US Congressman at the time. Give me a break.

The man was born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

Wake up people. Educate yourselves and stop being blinded by the war machine and the propaganda spoonfed daily in the media.

• Jayson
    Jayson

(((Ro)))

Boy O boy I am responding to one of your threads again. I must be stupid. (Either that or I think I can bring you to the dark side.....NOT)

First about Syria, wait to worry. The Arabs made a mess out of the Middle East for 100's of years. War and occupation is nothing new there. The Brits and the French ruled with iron oppressive fists for the last of the 19th and most of the 20th century. We (USA) played all sides to keep instabiltiy in play via very bad policy for the last 30 years. There are no angles here...None.

I ask you to do two things. (Please)

1) Read the book "The Threatening Storm."

2) There is a documentary by the NY Times and the Discovery Channel it is called "In search of 9/11." Find it and watch it.

Please take the time to do this. If you do you might understand a lot more than you do now.

Jay

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Frothing-at-the-mouth United States uber-Patriots are so bloody annoying

*bloody annoying?* I think you might be hanging around Madonna...both trying to affect a British accent

The media coverage never discusses the economy of Bush in a bad light.

Treasury's Snow Says Economy 'Wobbly'

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=1203&e=2&u=/nm/20030415/bs_nm/economy_snow_dc&sid=95609869

Sounds like someone in the Bush group sees something; and he told the media!!...but perhaps Yahoo news is apart of the right wing, neo-facist, nut group. I will have to research it.

He is a convicted drunken driver.

This was not a secret.

His daughters are drug addicts and alcoholics.

I would like some documentation of this. Were they in Betty Ford? Getting caught in a bar, under the age of 21, does not qualify as *alcoholic* nor as *drug addicted*. How many people on this board drank before the age of 21? I would guess many. How many got caught? I would guess many.

I must add:

I think Bill Clinton was the most stand up, honest, wife-loving, never faced a scandel kind of guy. A true leader for the century. None better.

I mean oral sex is not really sex, right? But first we have to determine the true meaning of "is."

I am really disappointed that Al didn't win...just think, he invented the internet! What else could he invent?

• Realist
    Realist

the US is putting pressure on syria to put israel in a better situation for the upcoming negotiations....but i don'T think they will actually go to war again in the near future. they might build up a similar sharade as they did with iraq now....so that they can have a little war in 5 - 10 years.

but now NOBODY would buy into the WMD lie and assad is not a terrible tyrrant. so without any real reason the US public (I hope) would not support such an act of clear terror.

israel is all for a war against syria of course and they might be influencial enough to get it started but seriously doubt it.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Does anyone else see the irony that the United States forms a Coalition to remove WMD from Iraq when it was the United States who suppled Iraq with weapons during the Iraq-Iran War of the 1980's?

some do, a lot dont want to see it.

What else really gets my goat is how George W. Bush somehow attempts to claim the moral authority

it gets my goat, and some others, but for a lot it doesnt, in fact theres some who cant get enough of bush making himself look like silly arse.

and very likely inciting another world war or global catastrophe with his cowboy actions.

too many people cant envisage this.... see the following...

Wake up people. Educate yourselves and stop being blinded by the war machine and the propaganda spoonfed daily in the media.

not enough people can be bothered to educate themselves, therefore making it easier for traitors like blair and bush to get an easier ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit