What Next? Syria?

by Robdar 61 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

(((((Robyn)))))

I know what you mean. It is scary. I think it is because of the whole connection with the holy land. The Muslim faith, the hatred for the Jews and the Christians are in the center. It sounds like a watchtower novel. We were taught that war is never right and that's it. I asked my mom and sister about why fighting in WW2 was wrong.......they answered because we (America) knew about it long before we joined the war. What kind of an answer is that? I will tell you, it a bird brained brainwashed robotic nonsensical statement.....just like most of what they utter. I don't know what you believe in Robin but the bible teaches that Jesus rules the governments and that rulers are ministers to God to punish evil and praise good. WHAT??????? I know, it sounds so alien and therefore it must be wrong, right? Wrong. Read Romans if you get a chance, God places in authority those who punish evil and do not bear the sword in vain. If we trust God and the authorities that He willed, then we don't have to be afraid to the point of terror. Bad stuff happens. It can be scary but we can't change events. We just have to stay focused and cope with the evils of every new day. The verses that I quoted are found in Romans 13. Read it, you may find comfort. I did. Love, dj

• teejay
    teejay

Yep.

• foreword
    foreword

You'll go bankrupt chasing every idiot on this planet. Follow through I agree, but don't let the club slip out of your hands...kind of early to be talking bout another 75 billion.

• rocketman
    rocketman

If Syria is indeed testing chem weapons, and with established terrorist links in their history, yes, they will be getting some attention. Add to that the possibility that they may be harboring Iraqi leaders, and it's a pretty easy recipe for some serious attention from the US and its allies.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The US has chemical and biological weapons. A great deal of Anthrax, actually.

• teejay
    teejay

>>> You'll go bankrupt chasing every idiot on this planet.

Who cares? America loves warrior presidents.

Bush Doctrine Point Number One: “if you’re not for us, you’re against us. We’re coming for ya.”

Bush Doctrine Point Number Two: “if you have Weapons of Mass Destruction, you’re against us and we’re coming for ya.”

Bush Doctrine Point Number Three: “if we THINK you have Weapons of Mass Destruction, you’re against us and we’re coming for ya.”

Bush Doctrine Point Number Four: “if you live in the Middle East, you’re on a hit list. Mind your manners and know who your betters are or we’re coming for ya.”

Bush Doctrine Point Number Five: “if you’re part of the Axis of Evil, get ready. We’re coming for ya.”

Bush Doctrine Point Number Six: “god chose me. I’m right and if you disagree with me, you’re un-American and from the devil. We’re coming for ya.”

The American economy? What’re you talking about? Things have never been better!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes I have heard Bush say,""We know you got 'em, and we have a 12 year old student paper to prove it!".

On a serious note there is no question he is preparing the American people for another war. That was the argument he used against Iraq 12 months ago, and no WMD. He maybe also doing damage control when they end up finding no WMD in Iraq, this will be his excuss that they must have moved them to Syria. I am afriad Bush is flirting here with another world war.

Will

• avishai
    avishai

Personally, no, I think it's just saber rattling. People say we "rushed into this war". Sadaam gave the world & the UN the finger for 12 YEARS. He's been paying people in Israel $10-15000 to gblow themselves up for at least 3 years. Also, he attempted to assasinate a sitting US president, & we did'nt even go after him then. Scare tactics, lettting Syria know where the bear (or eagle in this case) shits in the woods.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I thought we were going into Sweden next

Must be getting my "S" countries confused

XW

• COMF
    COMF
    the source of enough small pox to kill everyone on the planet several times

What's that location, again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest