Wierd KH property arrangement

by Simon 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

xandit:

Every time someone starts that "it goes withou saying" routing it's just an attempt to impose a personal view or standard on someone else.

1.Personal views and standards are permitted here.
    2.Expression of personal views are not necessarily the imposition of such on others.

I frankly am indifferent to whether you reply to or read my comments or what you would like or not like.
    You asked a specific question of me and I answered and you never returned the courtesy by making a reply.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dubby,

Geez, dude, or dudette, lighten up!

Oh, Dubby, anyone who has Xandit's attitude just has to be a man. Anyone who knows anything about the making of KH and land property, or really any business of the WTBTS has to be a man - they're the only ones allowed this information.

Remember?

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

waiting....let the men diddle around with property rights and WTBTS business. That gives us women more time to prepare to reclaim our places in a strictly matriarchal society....which is exactly as it should be.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Xandit's just another Bozo that needs to be put back in his box , this same claustrophobic little one that Friend lives in. In my humble opinion these types of individuals are EXTREMELY mentally pathological and should be avoided at all costs.

The way it looks to me is that Xandit is one of those wishy washy apostate types. I’ve come across hundreds of them in my years as a witness. He probably never goes witnessing, thinks he’s of the anointed, is a marked person or similar, does stuff like makes his own bible talks puts them on cassette or into print and distributes them amongst the brothers, has his own meetings, you know stuff like that – there’s practically almost one clown like this in every congregation. This internet stuff he’s doing is essentially just an extension of those apostate activities. You can guarantee he counts time on the net as field service time. If the brothers knew what he was doing online ( if they don’t already ) his arse would be kicked big time. He’ll deny all of this of course and make out like he’s faithful and spiritual etc, which is to be expected. Your post was a brilliant exposition of WTBTS doublespeak. The problem is that you can’t argue against those whose minds are controlled by double speak because what goes on inside their heads is doublethink – an unconscious subversion of ones own thoughts/opinions/conscience for those of the authority. That’s the beauty of the system. When you are trying to reason with Xandit you are not really talking to Xandit. You are talking to Fred Franz who Xandit has consciously allowed to control his mind and inhabit his body. You are not going to get an original thought out of Xandit/Fred – it’s not possible, all he is capable of is doublespeak and doublethink. Refer to any one of his posts as proof. He can’t see it but by the grace of God you and I can.-SolidSender

• waiting
    waiting

ss,

You've obviously taken it upon yourself to enlighten us, teach us about the WTBTS. Since I seem to be one of the holdouts from totally leaving the Society - or acknowledging the evilness of their existence, may I make a suggestion to you?

The propagandist differs from the educator in that the propagandist encourages people to reach his/her preconceived conclusions by offering no desirable alternative, and criticising any others that may exist; whereas the teacher helps the student make an informed decision based on an adequate understanding of the alternatives. The teacher shows people how to think, the propagandist tells people what to think (Brown, 1963:21). In practice no teaching is ever propaganda free however profitable teaching encourages thinking whereas teaching with heavy propaganda discourages thinking and independent value judgements.
    A Study of Persuasion Techiques of Jehovah's Witnesses.

IMO, you are not teaching. You are, on a semi-continuous basis, standing on a soapbox.

I personally think it's extremely rude of you to speak of other persons with the words you use. Very loaded words - just like the Society in reverse.

Name-calling is the opposite to the glittering generality technique. Here the propagandist attempts to associate unfavourable words and phrases to whatever / whoever the propagandist opposes. The anti-abortionists would use the word ‘murderer’ to describe a mother who has aborted her foetus (Lee & Lee, 1971 adapted by Brown, 1987:551). When referring to groups of people or particular beliefs that JW’s must recognise as being dangerous or ungodly, the WT often gives special terms (or may even use their common name), which are either naturally associated with unfavourable connotations, or are defined and expounded in such a way creates inimical associations. Below is an example of several typical words the WT uses to create unfavourable impressions in recruits and members minds. “Another lie made and told by Satan for the purpose of reproaching God’s name and turning men away from God is that of the ‘trinity.’ That doctrine is taught by the religionists of ‘Christendom’ and is in substance this: ‘that there are three gods in one...” (Riches, 1936:185 quoted in Reed, 1995:124 [italics mine]).

You can be very interesting, just like Friend. It's not necessary to be rude and abusive. Please stop it.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 12 July 2000 23:54:36

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

waiting - hi interesting post and points made however blame Frenchy he was the one who said:

1.Personal views and standards are permitted here.

I posted my personal view that's all. I'm not about to apologize for doing that. This is a forum. Logic, rationale, political correctness,
    good taste, soapboxing and so on may or may not enter into those viewpoints depending on how I feel. I'm not about to start hemming myself in with rules though.

I hold a counter opinion. Your perception of this is something I cannot control. Someone else may just laugh it off.

I could go into a long emotional rave on this but at the moment don't have time.

However - sure I'm following a hunch with these "personalities" Xandit & Friend but based on my past experince I would be very surprised if I was far from the mark in my estimations of them. I'll hear from you I guess-SolidSender

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Waiting, a couple of PS's to the above now that i have time:

Firstly I should have also quoted the other point Frenchy made above which is similar to a response I made to yourself down another post:

2.Expression of personal views are not necessarily the imposition of such on others.

Secondly having re-read xandits posts i'm even more convinced that this person is what we would call in this country a real "fruit loop". Unfortunately ( and I say this with all due respect please! ) if you can't see this at the moment no explanation from myself or anyone else will change that. This is because my estimation is based upon what I feel is a fairly accurate "perception" of what's going on between
    the lines of his posts. The sub-text if you want to call it that.

Let me explain it another way, if there was an area or subject with which you had an enormous amount of experience, let's just say these abuse types of situations you've been through, I doubt if you would not be able to see the warning signs in an abusive personality far sooner than the average person.

I could go into more depth but won't.

Over to you-SolidSender

You could try and explain to the average person why you "suspect" such a person is an abusive feel this way but because the novice hasn't been through the experience what you would be saying would be going right over the novices head. Your

• Dubby
    Dubby

Waiting,

Oh, I don't know. Some elder's wives are pretty informed.:)

Xandit, are you an elder's wife?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey SS,

Let me explain it another way, if there was an area or subject with which you had an enormous amount of experience, let's just say these abuse types of situations you've been through, I doubt if you would not be able to see the warning signs in an abusive personality far sooner than the average person.

Unless your picture is ancient - which I don't think it is, I remain doubtful that you would have an "enormous amount of experience" in the area of identifying and combatting mind control. No doubt, being a JW gives experience, but that usually takes years, if not decades, - and usually an adult perspective to look in hindsight as to the impact upon your and your family's life.

Nevertheless, good point, well taken. I didn't mean to jump your case - that much. You do make good points, and are interesting - perhaps different personalities, gender, age, and nationalities are coming into play on this forum?

I think that's how we coined Simon's response to a person once. He said we were "quite civil." But that was a while ago, perhaps a return to being civil, by all of us, would be a good thing?

I enjoy visiting with you, thanks for responding.

Dubby, According to the Society - elders are not supposed to inform their wives" on private congregational matters." I would think this would pertain to cong. money matters. You're not suggesting that elders don't follow this teaching, are you?

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 13 July 2000 13:7:56

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Dubby, According to the Society - elders are not supposed to inform their wives" on private congregational matters." I would think this would pertain to cong. money matters. You're not suggesting that elders don't follow this teaching, are you?

waiting, I don't think Dubby is suggesting anything....I think he's just stating a well-known fact. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit