Mea culpa..

by zeb 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I concur with Simons comment here however it has taken me a few years to get there. be

Involving an Attorney just a day before they were to meet in a JC "with or without" me which put the brakes on the whole thing was very empowering and healing. The legal letter contained a threat of action if anything was done to besmirch my or my families name etc .

One year later my status remains "untouched" but totally shunned of course .

Having said that I am due to meet with one member of the hierarchy this week - at his request to just "chat" to me.

I shall let you know how this pans out. I will be asking the questions and not the other way around.

Dont hand them your power !!

• freddo
    freddo

Zeb - I know it wasn't your intent - but your work; your passion; rings across the whole world as testimony to your decency, honesty and tenacity. It's already helped hundreds and will continue to help thousands leave this wicked cult.

The ARC made me - finally - become truly PIMO, resign as an elder and face up to all the deceit and corruption in "the one true religion".

Take your break; heal but hold your head up high. You have made a difference my friend. When you feel able - please come back - your shining example means so much to many who struggle to break from the oppression of JW cult leaders.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZEB:

Sorry for the avalanche of bad memories that overwhelmed you when you went to the Kingdom Hall. I have no desire to feel any similar memories either which is why I have no desire to set foot into one again.

Just going to the funeral home for certain JWs was too close for comfort and I couldn’t wait to run out.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

zeb, take all the time you need to heal. Bad memories are like a splinter. Sometimes the body needs to push them to the surface so they can be removed for the natural healing to commence.

As for the ARC ... much is still going on behind the scenes. The wheels of justice move slowly but they grind extra fine.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Zeb I'm so sorry you are feeling so low. Never think for a moment all your hard work, and what must have dredged up painful memories, with the ARC, didn't make a world of difference both for individuals, whole families and even countries, because you must know it did.

Justice will be served, many thanks to the bravery of you and others like you.

• steve2
    steve2

It doesn’t help that your wife carries on as if nothing’s wrong with JW organization. That alone must add to your hurt and upset. I should imagine there are few things in life more isolating and sad than one’s own spouse not giving you the support you so clearly need at this time.

May you find peace and resolution as time passes, Zeb. 💖

• compound complex
    compound complex

(((((Zeb)))))

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Zeb,

It's difficult and at times seems to be an impossibility; but, it is poison and you must somehow let it go.

They were/are deceived and they knew/know not what they do.

In due time accountability will come due. True, not nearly as speedily as we'd like it, but it shall.

With letting it go comes peace and pity for those who've done you wrong.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKpQRjj_WbU

• zeb
    zeb

I have dropped in and found the wonderful support given me. and for some pm as well.

Thankyou from the all my heart.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just saw this thread now Zeb.

Sending you support and love buddy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit