Just a few hours ago I took my wife (uber) to the hall with eats she had prepared as the cong are doing some work there.
I had not set foot onto the kh property in years and my stomach went into a knot as I did. Well what happened?
Nothing... but what went through my mind was the thousand taunts I had suffered, of dress, the endless elderette gossip at large, the complaints about my kids when little, others' kids being 'perfect', the countless barbs.
- Being marked for suggesting some matter during the wt study,
- for speaking from my heart,
- copping the ridicule from elders who all think they are standup comedians
- of seeing others made small by the same so they don't comment at all.
- Seeing kids grow up then leave disconsolate or be dfd at the prime of their lives crushed by this monster machine and then shunned.
- When one of our baby nearly died no elder would visit the hospital as they had convention parts to prepare.
- When years later my own health collapsed again no one came near.
why did we stay the distance I blame myself. We all could write pages of ghastly experiences out of the wt that have life long affected us as indeed many here have but today I have had wounds torn open
- and learning of course when adults of the abuse that occurred against my kids when little.
Pulling reserves of strength I never knew I had to help others to take active part in the ARC on the phone immediately the elders twisted and turned in their evidence giving to inform the ARC of what they were doing. Even in this mighty work I fear the wt has slipped the net as the final reports don't mention the many occasions where the wt elders were found most seriously wanting in their evidence. These fine needles of fact will not be there for the politicians to ponder when they deliberate what will become law or not out of the commission so has the whole thing been a waste of time? No I don't believe it has perhaps I am wishing to see justice(!) to soon.
In the mean time I must now retreat from this site to heal.