A real scam, Sam Goody sold my credit card number.

by Princess 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Princess, I made my husband swear that he would not accept anything for free anymore...it always comes with a price. Telemarketers have called with trial products and then you have to cancel after a month if you don't want it. I'm the one who has to go thru all of the crap of cancelling and even while you are cancelling they're still trying to sell it to you: they say something like "You still have X amount of days left, don't you want to continue trying out our product and then call back when the thirty days are up?"

• Valis
    Valis

Eh Princess...apparently you are not the only one and here's a lawyer interested to know...maybe someone is putting together a class action against the...just thought I would share this..

http://www.jameshoyer.com/problem_media_play_magazine.html?se=Overture

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Princess
    Princess

Thanks for the link V, I sent them an email. MoeJo, you are on to something there. I will talk to Steve about "free stuff". I hang up on telemarketers because we have been totally scammed by them as well. They lie to me constantly, last week I had one tell me Steve had ordered something and they were confirming my address. After she had all the information she wanted, she told me they will be charging $19.95 a month after my ten day trial period. I started to panic and yelled "STOP! don't send me a thing, you do not have my permission to send me anything". <click> I was furious. They recorded the call so hopefully my screams were on record. Time will tell.

• Xandria
    Xandria

You can do the same thing with telemarketers. I have heard of a law coming out that states you can put yourself in a no call status. If they break that, you can nail them for non-compliance.

X.

• Xandria
    Xandria

You can do the same thing with telemarketers. I have heard of a law coming out that states you can put yourself in a no call status. If they break that, you can nail them for non-compliance.

X.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ugh! That sucks! I'm the queen of NO........nothing is ever free, as soon as I hear the words FREE my guard goes up and NO automaticly comes outa my mouth!

I hope you get it resolved, promptness is the key word here. Don't let a day go by let them know imediately that you do not want to recieve their "free" merchandise! It sounds like you've done that but in the future always check your credit card bills, it's amazing how many people don't they seem to thrive on people who don't. IMHO

Katie (have paid to much for freebies........ugh!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit