The bridge

by truthwillsetyoufree 29 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gotta be the Golden Gate Bridge. I could see JW's setting up carts there easily to count time.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If I were to commit suicide from a bridge I'd do it with no one around. A JW cart would make me simply choose a different bridge.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, duh.

Who'd want to off themselves with a bunch of hardcore religionists watching?

• OrphanCrow
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, maybe this info. from wikipedia sheds some light on "the bridge."

The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco has the second highest number of suicides in the world, after the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge,[33] with around 1,600 bodies having been recovered as of 2012, and the assumption of many more unconfirmed deaths.[34]In 2004, documentary filmmaker Eric Steel set off controversy by revealing that he had tricked the bridge committee into allowing him to film the Golden Gate for months and had captured 23 suicides on film for his documentary The Bridge (2006). In March 2005, San Francisco supervisor Tom Ammiano proposed funding a study on erecting a suicide barrier on the bridge.[35][36] In June 2014, a suicide barrier was approved for the Golden Gate bridge.

I know JW's don't have a cart in China by the bridge.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think their was a recent "experience" reinactment on a borgcast about some JWs talking someone down of a bridge.

• wozza
    wozza

Just got the real troof on this blessing from Jehovah.........

The story above is actually troof but it was edited by the Governing Body ,so the story goes the brothers on the carts have actually witnessed a miracle by the bridge but the GB don't want to appear like Catholics believing in miracles.

While the brothers were working hard on the carts getting dispondent at the number of people jumping off the bridge Jesus came down on a cloud and announced "I am coming from around the corner quickly to help you brothers working the carts for me,"

Looking around Jesus saw a herd of Smurfs grazing near the bridge and commanded the demons in the crowd of people waiting to suicide to come out and enter the grazing smurfs.

At that the demons rushed into the smurfs, and as a herd they jumped off the precipice of the bridge and they all died.

Jesus went home on a cloud to heaven ,the would be suiciders all accepted bible studies ,the brothers were ever so grateful there were no Smurfs to run down the isle of their kingdum hall anymore ,and satan got his mates back.

Which bridge do you ask and where?

Heres a pic of the bridge under construction

Some say that those sneeky smurfs may have built a net under the bridge for themselves but this cannot be confirmed because the watchtower people have bought all rights to reproducing current pictures of the bridge at great cost . This is where the money from selling kingdom halls has gone ,NOT from paying out millions for child molestation cases! Another piece of trickery from those very vocal Smurfs.

• karter
    karter

I wonder if any smurfs have jumped off.karter

• zophar
    zophar
    You certainly can walk all the way across or bike as well. It would be hard to commit suicide though, they have netting underneath the bridge that would catch you before you fell too far.

Remembered an article I read about suicide on Golden Gate Bridge.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2003/10/13/jumpers

Especially memorable to me was the number who survived the leap and how some of them immediately regretted the decision to end their life once they jumped

Haven't seen a Cart there though!

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Just goes to show that being ambushed by dubbers with a cult cart is a fate worse than death!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit