The bridge

by truthwillsetyoufree 29 Replies latest jw friends

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

So my Father, who is an active Jehovah’s Witness, told me yesterday of an experience currently doing its rounds amongst the witnesses in relation to cart witnessing.

There is a bridge called ‘The Bridge’ which is a well known place for people committing suicide. Apparently the JWs have been setting up there literature carts there for a while now and ever since they have there has been no more suicide attempts from the bridge. “Its amazing what effect the literature carts are having!” Exclaimed my father. I of course, as sceptical as ever since leaving the JWs do not believe a word of it. I was wondering if anyone else has heard talk of this bridge?

• gabcol
    gabcol

No I can't say I've ever hear this story ( mind you I left before cartwitnessing came out), but it goes along with the story where a person was going to commit suicide and a witness came to the door " saving him with the message".

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Maybe they've gone elsewhere rather than talk to jws at the cart

• sir82
    sir82

There is a bridge called ‘The Bridge’

Well that narrows it down to no more than 100,000 possible sites....

Maybe try to get a little more information - where exactly is "the bridge"?

• blownaway
    blownaway

The dubbers have always targeted those who are lonely and depressed.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Well that narrows it down to no more than 100,000 possible sites....
    Maybe try to get a little more information - where exactly is "the bridge"?

I think it's right next to a local park that JWs also set up their carts. Oh by the way, that location is called "the park".

• tiki
    tiki

Omg....thanks for the laugh! That is totally path e tic in actuality...

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm sure both "The Bridge" and "The Park" are in "The City." That should narrow it down. If we could find out if "The City" is in "The State" or "The Province" we could narrow it down even more.

• asp59
    asp59

Yeah someone put up as a rumor on Facebook some years ago. It was in Spanish. Then as always in jw land with out any evidence it spread like wildfire.The bridge was supposed to be San Francisco bridge were there's a lot of suicide. I can't imagine they let you put up a cart in San Francisco bridge. Don't know if you can even walk there.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Urban myth no.12233

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit