Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-13-03 WT Study

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocketman
    rocketman

lulu, I think that Blondie's WT subscription may be running out soon and that's the main reason why she may not be doing the WT study much longer.

Also, if memory serves, she also mentioned the 'gag me' factor. Indeed, how much religious rhetoric can a person take?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Note this quote from the WT:

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad reports about God's servants

THIS line illustrates how the WT uses words to manipulate; note that it does not say that the reports are UNTRUE; it merely calls them bad reports, but by using inflammatory language (opposers, spreading,manipulate) it makes it seem that the reports are untrue, and that the WT is being persecuted. That way, they can say, well we never denied that there was some truth to the reports, but they are BAD reports, bad for the Wt that is for sure.

HOW can people not see through this blatant pack of lies???

• blondie
    blondie

Wolfgirl
    for the day when I possibly show my family what I'm compiling.

Or a reminder of why you left. I remind myself every time I do a review.

Bluesbrother,

Reminds me of "Bagdhad Bob " saying that the press reports of American advances are untrue and loyal Irakis should not believe it

That is exactly what I thought when I saw that clown on TV that he would make a perfect GB/DO/CO/elder.

Onacruse (Craig),

how many layers there are

Don’t I know it. I am constantly trying to rid myself of WT language.

MacHislopp

the swedish press and
    TV will give a mighty headache to thousands of JWs apologist
    and a good shake to the WTBS Inc.

I’m sure it will. But eventually they will just push it back in their minds, denial, denial, denial. It is either that or leave. So many JWs have convenient memories. But it will educate the non-JWs.

Minimus,

Blondie, I would appreciate it if you could regularly do the Isaiah bookstudies, too

This book will be done soon and they will be starting one of the new books from the convention, perhaps the Draw Close to Jehovah book. That looks easy, pablum for the masses. I plan on starting a topic on a spiritual abuse book I’ve been reading and one on favorite passages from True Believer. I think that will be more spiritually healing.

Joe,
    I saw how quickly he backed down when I asked him if "these stories were true or not?" They most certainly know that the vast majority of them are true.

I appreciated your posting that experience. The point with the WTS is not whether they are true or not, but that the person reporting it to the wrong places made the WTS look bad. I can remember an elder that was correcting another elder about a serious matter and it was the elder who made the correction that was removed for doing it in the wrong matter, supposedly raising his voice (he didn’t and there were witnesses to the fact). But it is making them look bad that is the sin.

Rocketman,
    without actually considering the evidence, anything unflattering about the WTS is automatically called 'lies

It reminds me of a saying, "Don’t confuse me with the facts."

Artful
    "Of course, there is no reason to be ashamed of being a Christian

Yes, as I said above the WTS is worried about their own reputation but not the reputation of Christ. If you strive to follow Christ and not the WTS, then you will not shame him.

Lulu,

I will be posting some information that will help with spiritual abuse but just doing these reviews is a form of abuse. I’m not far away enough yet, I guess. We’ll see what happens.

Happyman,
    I think th GB have a littel unluck here, if they have seen this TV show they have never send out this WT artickel,

They may not have seen the show in Sweden, but they have seen equally well-done shows like Panorama in the UK, Connie Chung in the US, Fifth Estate in Canada, a show in Australia and one in Germany. They know that the truth is coming out already before this article was drafted. It was drafted purposedly to counter the troubles caused when JWs saw these other shows. I know from personal experience that the WTS strives to protect itself not sexual abuse victims.

Jgnat,

Thanks for you comments. Great again.

Blondie
  • Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Thanks Blondie! Very interesting. Sick. Twisted. Warped. Once again, the GB taking no responsiblility for any harm done - they might as well say, 'Child Abuse, Blood transfusion deaths, Disfellowshipping & murder/suicides, yeah it's happening but we have the truth! Obey us in everything and look the other way. Don't you dare ask a single quesiton or else!' They are disgusting. I'm sorry I was associated with the borg and it makes me sick to know what's been going on, covered up and glossed over. Their PR is amazing though, they can make a pile of poop smell like roses. I can never go back & I'm so thankful to be out. Keep 'em coming Blondie.:) Victorian Sky

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Vic,

I'll keep doing them until I reach the end of the current WTS I have. I no longer attend so do not have access to newer copies.

I am planning on doing a review of True Believer and another book on spiritual abuse when I run out of current WTs. It might shed some light on how JWs and other people too can be fooled. It is possible to go from one high-control group to another without understanding how one did it the first time. So far my reading has been enlightening.

I have enough WTs until 6/22. Then it is a summer break for me.

Blondie (keep asking questions)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit