Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-13-03 WT Study

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE 4-13-03 WT STUDY

March 1, 2003, page 8

Red highlight indicates quotes from the Watchtower

Black and (parentheses) are reviewer statements.

‘BE COURAGEOUS AND STRONG!’

John 16:33

John 16 (MSG)

33 I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

Introduction

The next 2 articles are designed to combat the fallout from the child abuse TV shows, Connie Chung and Panorama, as well as other issues such as the UN membership of the WTS as an NGO. The WTS spins these without directly mentioning them, as being an attack on the individual JW. With the TV, newspaper, and internet information, the WTS will be repeating this caution at assemblies and conventions, as well as CO visits. If you wonder why JWs respond, "it’s all lies," without a discussion of the facts, these articles should enlighten you.

"Today, true Christians are soon to cross into the promised new world, and like Joshua need to be courageous."

"Moreover, Joshua had to fight many fierce battles even after entering the Promised Land. But we experience our (WTS) fiercest struggles now—before we cross into the new world."

WHY DO WE HAVE TO STRUGGLE?

Satan goes about like ‘a roaring lion’ trying to intimidate and devour faithful Christians.

He uses humans who knowingly or unknowingly serve his ends…Satan and all his agents.

At first the WTS compares these struggles to "talking to strangers about the good news" or not saying the pledge of allegiance but then paragraph 6 goes to the real reason this article was written.

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad (but not necessarily untrue) reports about God’s servants.

Yes, the media who are aware that they could be sued are negligent about gathering accurate information about the litigious WTS. I think not. The media are not fools and this is not the tabloid press.

How should be feel when newspaper, radio or television reports about Jehovah’s Witnesses are distortions or outright falsehoods? Should we be shocked? No. We expect such things.

Yes, the WTS has drilled the conspiracy/paranoid thinking into all JWs. We are God’s representatives, how can we be wrong or bad? Thus anything bad written or said about the WTS must be a lie. Circular reasoning at its best.

And we are not surprised when some believe the published lies and distortions since "anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word."

But what if these words are carefully documented and repeated by many different people who have similar experiences. It takes only 2 witnesses to establish a situation according to the WTS. More than 2 cases have been presented by the media.

Loyal Christians (followers of the WTS) refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian meetings to slow down in the field ministry or to waver in their faith (in the Bible or is it their faith in the WTS that is wavering).

Translation: Quite a few a missing meetings and slowing down because of these media reports. Could it be that they hear the echo of truth from their own experiences and the experiences of friends and family?

"Do I let those around me know that I am a Witness of Jehovah, or do I try to hide the fact?"

After such shows, I would hide that fact. Of course, there is no reason to be ashamed of being a Christian and that is not mentioned by the WTS. Christ can only be reached through the WTS.

SPEAKING WITH AUTHORITIES

To appear before a judge or a ruler because of false accusations takes courage.

Yes, and those ex-JWs that are appearing in courts across the world have more courage than I can imagine. To put themselves in a position of attack by the full might of the legal arm of the WTS, takes enormous bravery.

But what kind of court case does the WTS select? One of freedom of worship.

Notice how the WTS lets the rank and file know that if a judge rules against the WTS it is the same as ruling against God.

"Judges should be aware that the highest law is that of Jehovah God. They should remember that all humans, including judges are accountable to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ."

The WTS summarizes:

Our standing firm despite persecution, including slanderous reports in the media, is a cause for rejoicing.

Then the WTS will be looking forward to many opportunities to rejoice as more and more cases of abuse they and their representatives have mishandled reach the courts.

The next article counsels to trust in Jehovah. Find out next week how that means to trust in the WTS instead.

• minimus
    minimus

It's us against them, again. Another boring article, except in Sweden.

• jgnat
    jgnat

At my church there is a door marked, “Do not Open”. One day I sat outside the door and watched, as one person after the other paused, opened the door, took a look, and moved on. If the Utility Room door had been unmarked, I doubt any of them would have opened it.

If I were a JW, this article would set me to thinking, and looking. What exactly are the

bad reports, distortions and outright falsehoods, and slanderous reports that the WT is telling us to expect ? I predict this article will result in a further exodus of intelligent witnesses who have even a smidgen of curiosity left.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Blondie,

The WT propaganda machine is up and running. It always astonishes me how they can turn the tables on those that are telling the truth about the WT. I was particularly offended by this statement:

And we are not surprised when some believe the published lies and distortions since "anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word."

The WT is resorting to name calling to defame those that have uncovered the truth. Instead of acknowledging that there is a serious problem among the JW's concerning sexual abuse and that the WT has lied about their true history, they label those that believe the truth as "inexperienced." Those WT peeps sure are a bunch of slick Willies.

Mr. Shakita

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks Blondie! The WT talk in generalities, citing no specific examples showing their 'read between the lines' mentality. They talk of being couragous, but cowardly dance around the issues with innuendo. If the media and detractors are lying, blast them! It amazes me how they can turn this around as added proof that 'the end is ever nearer!' They have no conscience, no ethics, and no shame! Maverick

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Blondie.

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad (but not necessarily untrue) reports about God’s servants.

It would be funny if that parenthetical "not necessarily untrue" comment were actually in the study article!! It would be as if the writing department had a sudden attack of conscience.

Again this looks like the typical cynical "carrot and stick" approach by the WT Society toward the rank-and-file JW's. Once again we see "the promised new world" just around the corner, as in "God's promise of a new world to end before the generation which saw the events of 1914 passes away", as they used to promise in the front cover of the Awake magazine.

And yet there's the stick --- telling their people how they should think! "We are not surprised..", "We refuse to believe...", etc. And if you act surprised or question things, you'll probably be viewed by other J-dubs as somewhat disloyal! And this in spite of the overwhelming evidence that the ones who are lying and distorting are not "the media", but the so-called "faithful and discreet slave" themselves. Once again, they're bastards!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wow, I am still reeling from last week's hazing of the poor souls who partake (those under 90) and now I have to sit through this malicious stuff.

Amazing how the WT can head off legitimate criticism by not taking it head on, but just by innuendo and suggestion paint all media as wrong, at least when it comes to them.

I attended last week, heard partakers threatened with death like Korah; it was very uncomfortable. And of course, those who partake are not to be criticized; but maybe they are overly emotional, or on medications, or nuts because they are grieving. BUT of course, no one is to question their motives or genuineness; that is only for the snakes at NY who are already "anointed".

Sheesh.

Now this. I don't know how much longer I can do this.

Why did I for so long not trust myself to tell true from untrue? Mind control, I know. But really: we believe ALL that the media says about the catholics, mormons, etc; but when it comes to the witnesses, it is all slanderous? Please.

I am going back to counseling. I don't know how I can deal with my close family still believing this crap.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There was a time when I could not read between the lines of wt articles. Now the hidden messages scream out at me, thanks to you Blondie and others on this board.

This week's article takes the cake. It is so manipulative.

I used to feel that maybe there could be some good in org. But, as the weeks go on and and I continue to educate myself I know this is not the case. This org is a cult. It is EVIL. When will it end?

Thanks again Blondie. Please keep your commentaries coming. I for one really need them.

Wannaexit

• blondie
    blondie
    Another boring article, except in Sweden.

Yes, minimus, I have listened to the English portions and it makes me wish I knew Swedish.

If I were a JW, this article would set me to thinking, and looking.

Jgnat

, only "thinking" JWs. The Emperor’s New Clothes is a story that fits this situation. No one wants to admit in public they can’t see the clothes. Hopefully, some will do so secretly.
    Instead of acknowledging that there is a serious problem among the JW's concerning sexual abuse and that the WT has lied about their true history, they label those that believe the truth as "inexperienced."

Mr Shakita

, that is because they (the WTS) think own survival is more important. They say they represent Jesus. Better to sacrifice a few abused people than to endanger Jesus (the Organization).

Maverick

If the media and detractors are lying, blast them!

Instead they attack the victims (survivors) like Vicki, Erica, the Pandelos, etc., in court.

Gopher

Once again we see "the promised new world" just around the corner, as in "God's promise of a new world to end before the generation which saw the events of 1914 passes away", as they used to promise in the front cover of the Awake magazine.

They have to remind the JWs why they have put up with so much bad and "waited on Jehovah" to correct it. They imagine that these people (the WTS and their reps) will act any differently in the so-called "new world."

Pistoff,

I am going back to counseling. I don't know how I can deal with my close family still believing this crap.

I feel for you, my friend. It is getting difficult for me to do these reviews. I only have WTs through June 22 and may then take a break. I no longer have access to the WTs after that unless I maintain some connection with the congregation and I am not wanting to do that. I may continue if I can get either a scan sent to me or photocopies just of the study articles.

Wannaexit,

I used to feel that maybe there could be some good in org.

The only good is in a few individuals that refuse to follow the WTS directives and still strive to be a follower of Christ and the Bible. The WTS has told so many lies that no good can remain in it as an "organization."

I learned an excellent quote the other day.

"Quality is impossible if people are afraid to tell the truth."—W. Edward Deming

Blondie

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Thanks, Blondie. Brilliant, as usual. Another one going in my favourites, for the day when I possibly show my family what I'm compiling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit