80's pop music..didn't you love it?

by ScoobySnax 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

No one can beat the arrangements of ABBA. Few people know that Benny Andersson went on to arrange music for broadway productions. Chess comes immediately to mind. And for my money it was Andersson's arrangements that made that unmistakeable ABBA sound. They recently were offered a Billion dollars to get back together for a world tour. They turned it down. What a set of balls. I saw them live in Minneapolis, I was higher than a Georgia pine, and screamed until I ruptured a vocal cord.

Then there's Fleetwood Mac. Nothing else needs to be said about them.

Bread was good, if sappy.

Supertramp sang, "Just A Little Bit," and it haunts me till this very day.

And Heart was there.

Just too many to remember, but those I do.

And it's hard to be the original rock and rollers like the Platters, Elvis, Chubby Checker, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Bobby Vee, and on and on like that.

Great times with great music. Rock 'n' Roll is here to stay, just like we said it was back in the early sixties when I was a green disk jockey.

francois

• azaria
    azaria

larc: forgot - was it Carl Perkins that sang Blue Suede Shoes? My husband likes that kind of music; from the 50's (he's a little older than me) Elvis etc. Maybe that was the reason I left him, we liked different music. (just kidding)

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh my gaawwwd, a porthole back in time, the 80's and I are still connected by a vein in the groove thang.

The new romantics, Spandua B, Wham (lol), Tears 4 fears, Alison Moyatt...

R&B aint like it was back then.

The early 80's were stonkin with groups like Chic, Change, SOS band, BB&Q, Oliver cheatham, Shalamar, Sharon Redd, George Benson, EW&F....

*puts on affro and flares*

I miss the 80s....*sobs*

Brummie

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have to admit I wasn't crazy about 80's music. With 3 teenagers playing it all the time, and in the car, it got on my nerves.

Today, it's great. For some reason I like it now. I did always love The Bee Gees though............is that 70's?

And The Police..............Sting is great.

I like Heart too.............one of their band lives about 2 or 3 blocks from our house. I called there in 'field service' once.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

duran duran are back! and all reunited since roger and andy's split in '85

”When the band first decided, almost two years ago, to put together a reunion, the original thought was to focus on touring. Once back in a room playing together, however, the chemistry and magic was apparent and new material started to flourish. The band are currently in the studio completing work on what they believe will be their most exciting album in many years: classic Duran Duran for the New Millennium!” (duranduran.com)

new album out this year!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I love the 80's!!!!! A local top-40 station plays an hour of 80's music every day at noon. Must be a bunch of kids running the show though because it's the same songs over and over.

I got more into the 80's rockers myself. And still do. Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Skid Row, Poison, Autograph, Firehouse, Metallica (good back in the 80's now they suck), Def Leppard (best in the 80's), Judas Priest (ditto), Motley Crue (ditto), Ratt, Scorpions, Dokken, Slaughter, Junkyard, Twisted Sister, Manowar....

The 80's stuff by AC/DC with Brian Johnson wasn't bad, actually pretty good I'll admit, but it just wasn't the same without Bon Scott.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit