Brothers/Sisters you disliked

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

My self righteous not-to-be-felt-sorry-for father-in-law. Quite likely of the same breed or generation of the afore-mentioned C B Mitchell.

Present tense. Still disliked. Loathed actually. Has 'stumbled' many over a long period of time. The lord must be using him for some other unknown purpose other than to help the down trodden attain 'salvation'.

If I were not to see him ever again - it would be too soon. He could not go away far enough for long enough.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I have to agree with SpunkyChick. I also hated those brothers/sisters who would tell you how to discipline your children, when they had none of their own. Used to tick me off to no end.

We also had one of those so called annointed sisters in our hall who was so self righteous and mean. She yelled at me once because I had written a talk where she was a householder and I hadn't asked for her input on what I wrote. I had written the talk, then went over to her house to go over it with her ( so we could be well pre-pared ). Apparantly, the week before during the Ministry school, the brother going over the KM had told us sisters that we had to write talks together, so I was accused of going against the brothers. WHATEVER!

I also, as a teen, was informed by a nosy sister that I looked like a prostitute. I was dressed in a past the knee length skirt, but I had an ankle braclet on. She told me that in New York city, the way people could tell who was a prostitute and who wasn't was by whether or not the girl was wearing an anklet. WHATEVER. I told her we weren't in NY, so what did it matter. She didn't like that at all.

I also hated the self-righteous brothers who would act so spiritual in front of other brothers, but who would act differently when no witnesses were around. Yet these brothers would be the first to condemn others for behaving this way. Add to that those with children who thought their child was the perfect one ( when in fact they were the worse ), and condemned all the other young ones for minor infractions.

Wow, I never realised how many I disliked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit