So I guess my old hall got dissolved. The great decrease continues....

by Darkknight757 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Always encouraging to here more of the wonderous contraction taking place!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Massive growth I tell you, massive growth!!!

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

I heard my roommate on the phone just the other day telling a Bible study that "They say we're selling off halls and dispersing congregations because of lawsuits. That couldn't be further from the truth! We're actually doing it to merge the stronger congregations with the weaker ones. It really helps the weaker ones."

Not entirely sure what she meant by "stronger" and "weaker," but there you have it. That's what's REALLY going on.

• Perry
    Perry

THE WATERS ARE DRYING UP - BABYLON THE GREAT IS FALLING!

WTBTS of Canada

-$39,889,557 in 2016 ? The old harlot is on her deathbed.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Nevuela says: That couldn't be further from the truth! We're actually doing it to merge the stronger congregations with the weaker ones. It really helps the weaker ones."

WT boasts that the organization has 120,000+ congregations worldwide. A high percentage of these congregations have low attendance. A very low percentage of these congregations can be considered 'strong' congregations. Low attendance means 'weak' congregations. Hence, most of WT's congregations are weak. With the goal of increasing attendance in these weak congregations and giving appearance of strong congregations, WT eliminates one weak congregation...sending members to two other weak congregations thereby increasing membership of two remaining weak congregations and for the time being increasing attendance until the attendance at the two other congregations drops below WT's desired number...and so the cycle goes!

There you have it Nevuela...that's what's REALLY going on...WT is imploding due to disinterest on the part of the rank and file and disinterest on the part of new Bible studies! :-) :-)

• LV101
    LV101

Perry: -$39,889.557 reflects a loss? Don't understand after looking at the chart. Looks like they made a profit in 2016? Thanks.

• asp59
    asp59

" We're actually doing it to merge the stronger congregations with the weaker ones"

In ways it's true I have seen it many times. And it never works cause the hole arrangement is weak. Boring talks. No enthusiasm. Member's that go to meeting to show them of or think they gonna die in Harmagedon IF they don't attend every meeting. There are no strong congregation in this organization. There must be holy spirit for that.

• Perry
    Perry

The data are self-reported on informational returns, and so may not be entirely accurate. That is, they may not be audited or in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.

The Canadian government put the standard disclaimer that the numbers are self-reported and should not be relied upon. But if these are the losses they are willing to self-disclose, you can infer that a more accurate picture is probably worse.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

JW GoneBad I'm fully aware of that. Sorry you didn't detect my sarcasm.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the WTS's world wide fear mongering agenda is loosing steam, people are a lot more aware of fear mongering cults like this one, they know what drives and what sustains it.

Welcome to the 21st. century Watchtower Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit