WT resumes public ministries*

by Smiles 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Besides, there is no evidence that any of the Apostles went door-to-door down any street in Jerusalem or Ephesus.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes "house to house" is a mistranslation of "in private homes", which is why Paul used it as a contrast to "teaching you publicly". Maybe they'll finally get 'new light' on the topic.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Van and. Neat

Havent you seen the photos, obviously taken by a time traveler?

Best story was the hour by hour of Paul's daily routine, study, work, service, meeting down to the minute. I forget where that was and am not wasting time looking. Incredible people believe anyone can know he ate lunch, then at 1:00 to 4 made tents, went doorcto door until 6 right on the dot

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

RTN

I heard he got so busy he forgot to report his Field service hours and got reprimanded.

• blondie
    blondie

But not publicly from "door-to-door" and I bet lots of jws are glad.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl

Ah, I wish I could've been around to watch the apostles knock on doors and hand out papyrus scrolls... to a largely illiterate public that couldn't read anyway. The very idea is laughable.

• blondie
    blondie

"Ah, I wish I could've been around to watch the apostles knock on doors and hand out papyrus scrolls... to a largely illiterate public that couldn't read anyway. The very idea is laughable." The WTS takes liberties with this concept and pictures in their publications. Supposedly, many Jews learned to read at the synagogue. But books/codex was a dream then. Even the material scrolls were made of was expensive, and the scrolls were not handed around. It is a historical deception. I showed this to a scholar in Jewish history, etc., and he just laughed and laughed.

• hoser
    hoser

Paul made tents……to sell to the Roman army.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

https://youtu.be/Ki801ccg9Yo Here are some grateful witnesses, that expressed their true opinions of what they were required to do.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Even pop in's are no longer socially accepted: Friends and family now text or phone before showing up!
    Times have changed and JWs

That's so sad. We never locked our back door and people just knocked twice and came in.

Now my kids don't see anyone from one year to the next except at school. It breaks my heart. When.i go they'll have no one.😭

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit