WT resumes public ministries*

by Smiles 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOwl
    TheOwl

Blondie, 100% with you. Those picture are anachronistic fantasies of the Governing Body.

• Mum
    Mum

There was a time when people, mostly women, were at home. This partly accounts for the oversupply of female JW's. These days, people are at work, dining out, participating in "extracurricular" activities. The door-to-door method is antiquated at best. Maybe JW's need to be more like the churches in trying to make converts, with old-fashioned ice cream socials and the like.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As an elder told me on the side once. He would much rather do letter writing because It's impossible to have a discussion at the door with someone who has their own beliefs without it coming across confrontational.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Nowwhat

Add in the new light dogma is hard to explain.

And i can write a letter in my underwear

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The very idea is laughable.

They got the message and read the handwriting on the wall when the end came.

Imagine the look on their faces when they finally realized that God had abandoned them and welched on his covenant to protect them on Passover, the anniversary of their freedom. After all, they were in Jerusalem because God required it under the law covenant which the Apostles had been preaching that God had abolished. That’s the proof right there.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Thanks for the picture blondie! What WTS publication did it come from? Another thing to keep in mind is that in the old biblical manuscripts there were no blank spaces between individual words (since the papyrus or leather was expensive). That made it even harder for people to read the scrolls back then. People had to be trained not just to read, but to recognize where one word ended and another word began on the scrolls. In a number of modern day Jewish synagogues the person doing the reading of the text uses a pointer stick to keep track of his (or her) place in the reading of the scrolls. I saw that in photos in college textbooks (about comparative religion) and in videos on TV (about the Jewish religion).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes , this is official. The announcement is on JW.org.

The dubs on JW Talk are ecstatic, or say they are!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

resume all forms of public witnessing

I guess "All" forms mean cart witnessing , incidental , letter writing ,informal , which amounts to the same as incidental ,what else is there ? Phone witnessing ? E-mailing ?

Any others ?

• hoser
    hoser

Maybe they are getting rid of door to door. Gasoline is expensive and it takes away from donations.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    what else is there ?

Announcement today at end of WT Study from Britain Branch. All those you mentioned plus Return Visits, Street Witnessing, Special Metropolitan Witnessing (?) and Bible Studies. Meeting for FS at KH will start in one week, still on ZOOM until then.

George.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit