I Washed my Husbands Balls!!

by teenyuck 27 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I took one lesson so far. It really helped. I am working on my grip, and just swinging with my wrists, then move into my arms. It really helps having lessons

I'm a jealous bastard!. I have been golfing for 3 years and never a lesson. It shows too.

I have balls I bought at a yard sale at a good price. A whole shitload for $5. Dirt, scratches, dents, ....the whole nine yards ( pun intended ) so I guess washing my balls would be to know avail.

Teeny....keep at it....it's a fun relaxing sport and it WILL grow on you. It is a mental mind game to a big degree that depends on focusing big time. To prove it's a mental mind game......wait till you come to some water and see if your ball wants to go there.........it will. Mine always does!

Gumby

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

TY, the Masters is cancelled due to poor weather, yikes. I have a son that I've been teaching since the age of five and I'm wondering if he's going to make golf his life, he's now 18. My other sons just play for the sport of it and laugh at each other. Yes, if your not going to make a career out it, enjoy and have lots of fun. I've played on some beautiful golf courses and I guess that's as close to paradise I will get.

I've never been to the Masters but my golfing buddies say it's gorgeous. The Masters members are only allowed to play ten games a year. Private clubs are well manicured. Enjoy yourself, no need to kill the ball. Golf like a good joke takes good timing.

Guest 77

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I thought the coverage of the Masters would be all day; today and tomorrow. Not until evening though! and now it is cancelled....bummer!

gumby, I got lucky....my husband had a lesson set up and I was going to meet him to just hit a bucket and try to hit the ball (tell me about concentration). He called 5 minutes before the lesson was set to start (I was in the parking lot, waiting) and he told me he could not make it. He said I might as well use the lesson because the pro would charge due to the timing. I did. I used the lesson and I am amazed at the difference it makes.

I now am an advocate of lessons. The gentleman who taught me teaches lots of kids so I think his delivery was great. He did not talk down to me for not knowing the basics, yet wanting to play. He is an older man (probably 65) and spends winters in Arizona and summers in Ohio. Nice guy and a great teacher.

I am going to take more lessons, as finances allow. I told my husband to give me lessons for my birthday. This way we can both go and enjoy the beauty of the day while playing and enjoying each others company.

We played 3 weeks ago and I shot a 74......on 9 holes! Considering I never kept score before because my score was so high, I am making progress! I broke 100!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

TY, if the weather is good, they will try to play 36 holes in tomorrow but not everyone will finish. I mostly watch the 4 'major' tournaments. I like to hear and see newbies win like the last tournament. You must get the golf channel, right?

I'm glad to hear that your teacher is an older man, they have more patience and if he played competitive golf, that's a bonus. Many professional players are not teachers and vise versa. Did you check the book 'ABC's of Golf ' on amazon.com? Give it a view.

As a pro. teacher I have a patent invention called the 'straight shooter,' it teaches you to hit straighter shots. It's a simple exercise and I use it when I teach. As a teacher, 'I teach you to teach yourself'. My job is to help you to have confidence in yourself and not be dependent on the me.

Take your lessons in stride and don't demand the impossible from yourself. Everything takes time. The most important thing is to have fun, not frustration.

Guest 77

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

For you golf fans/pros:

I've only recently taken up the game. Surprisingly I have a pretty good short game but my driving is pathetic and inconsistant. I am just over 6' 4" and am wondering if I need my clubs lengthened due to my height.

Other than going to the pro shop, is there a way to gauge if I am using the right length of clubs? I have had some comment that even 1/4" inserts might make the difference.

Any thoughts?

Uzzah - Who is tired of seeing people run away when they see me tee-ing up

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Uzzah, my husband tried. He had his shaft lengthened and it did not seem to improve his game. (according to him). He had the long *thingy* removed and plays like he did before......

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

TY and others. All that info is provided in the 'ABC's of Golf'. The reason it's called the ABC is because it covers the com[plete basic's! The book depicts golfers in the left and right handed positions.

The length of the clubs? This will vary according to your address. What is highly important is the loft & lie of the club. Most clubs are toed up. What you need to do is get in touch with an expert who will adjust your loft and lie. You don't need brand new clubs. I have a set of Walter Hagens, 1959 model, and I've had them since 1964! Every once and awhile I have them adjusted. They need adjusting because your constantly slamming the clubs in the ground. If you want to save money and have better golf shots, adjust your loft and lie. Even brand new clubs new adjusting. As to grips, get grips that are tacky. All too often when your hands get sweaty, your apt to lose control of the club, which means the club face will be open or closed on the down swing resulting in an errant execution. Here's how to find out. Take your normal address and then have a person take a business card and slide it under the face of the iron. You will have a space. Wherever the card ends up, mark the spot and then compare that mark with the center face of your club. Most often it will go beyond center. Do this with every club methodically. Make sure you are in the correct swing posture when checking your loft and lie. A loft and lie machine will correct your problem, believe me, it's worth it. OH, most professionals grip DOWN on their clubs.

Here's another tip. Don't peek when your executing your swing. Allow your arms to flow through and complete the swing with a high finish. Do not quit on your execution. Fred Couples has a fabulous swing. Since all professional have their own unique swing they do have a few things in common, again, it comes back to the basic's. A few free tips.

Guest 77

• gumby
    gumby

Teener,

You washed your husbands balls, your husband had his "shaft" lenghtened...whats next?

I really hope you stay with the game and I am sure you will. You either hate it or love it.It's cool to see a girl/woman have an intrest such as this with her hubby. A 74 on nine holes? Some courses are so much harder than others as you know. You will be shooting a 45 within a year on that course if you keep at it.

Uzzah

I've only recently taken up the game. Surprisingly I have a pretty good short game but my driving is pathetic and inconsistant

Same here my friend, yet last week I surprised myself and had a couple of beauty drives. I think having a good drive is better than sex..........................nah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit