Listen to yourselves !

by Hamas 61 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Gita. Thanks. This will help my son out with his bat project.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi

I think I'd better set the record straight.

SpannerintheWorks :

WARNING!!!

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

Firstly, I am not a troll. I can understand the reasons why you may have thought that I am a troll, due to the nature of my post. But Mr Spanner, you were too quick to jump to conclusions regarding my membership on this site.

gumby :

Maybe you should listen to YOURSELF. If you did, you would leave the religion you are in and start thinking for yourself.

Again, you misinterpreted my post. How do you know from a simple post that I am a Witness ? I could have been anybody; from Governing Body spy to Joe Average strolling the Internet. I am not a Jehovahs Witness and I am in no religion, so your comments are void.

The real reasons behind my posting of this subject are these :

• Many people on this board seem almost in fear of the Watchtower. By the sheer mention of 'troll' everytime somebody suspect arrives on this forum you revive that fear that trembles inside you.
    • By being a member on this site you all are building personal Watchtowers inside of you. How can you be free from something you hate when you continue to revisit your past ? You all seem so obsessed with the Watchtower and you refuse to let it go.

By contributing in this way to my post, you have proved my point exactly. However, I feel that this is an excellent way of communicating with other ex JW's so in that way the site should be applauded.

We should all forget the Watchtower and the memories it has imprinted on our minds. Only then shall we be free from that Organization.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    We should all forget the Watchtower and the memories it has imprinted on our minds. Only then shall we be free from that Organization.

in my best Arlo Guthrie: You got a lotta damn gall telling people what they should and sohuldn't forget.

• Valis
    Valis

Hamas, not so easy to forget for some who have family still active JWs. Do you generally walk into a place and start in with the sass or do you spend a little time and get to know people? Lurking doesn't count either...as real communication is a two way street. You can keep on and you will get called worse than a troll, or you can back up and try to at least make friends before talking too much bullshit...*LOL*

By the sheer mention of 'troll' everytime somebody suspect arrives on this forum you revive that fear that trembles inside you.

being a troll doesn't have anything to do w/JWs or our feelings towards the WTBTS...It has everything to do w/people trolling for a certain response or pulling triggers when they know it will be offensive to some or hurt feelings. It could apply to anyone that posts here for that purpose or on any other message board for that matter. Please see the URL below...Not all of it is relevant to us, but some of it very much is.

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

By being a member on this site you all are building personal Watchtowers inside of you.

*LOL* As long as they come out the right end I don't care...*LOL* Hidey Ho Everybody!*LOL*

Have a nice day and welcome to the forum.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sargon
    Sargon

Lots of people get called troll when they first come here. The best way to avoid this is to tell somehting about your reason for being here. Until then we don't know wether to shake your hand or get the tar and feathers. Personally I don't know what to make of a person who deletes their first posting. I've listened to myself for so long now, lets LISTEN TO WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SAY.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Valis:

Hamas, not so easy to forget for some who have family still active JWs. Do you generally walk into a place and start in with the sass or do you spend a little time and get to know people?

I too have family that are still JW's.

Also I had been a member on this site for quite a while. I decided to return with another alias.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Try to understand our reaction. You came on here with a mysterious one-sentence post, seeming trying to evoke some reaction.

Then later you come on and preach to us, telling us we're all still bound to Watchtower-type thinking.

Please. We've been preached at often enough. I don't come here out of great neediness, I just wanted to talk to some folks who understand.

Hamas, if you had just come on and told us about yourself and then joined in without what seems to be arrogance, then you wouldn't have gotten this reaction.

You still have a chance to have decent interaction here if you just would open up a bit more and try to share in the discussion as a peer rather than as someone who tells us how we should think.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sargon:

Personally I don't know what to make of a person who deletes their first posting

So what If I did delete my first posting ?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Gopher:

then you wouldn't have gotten this reaction.

... Gopher I knew Id get that reaction. Im not saying I didn't want it, I just knew that I'd get it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

DId you post for any reason, other than to get a REACTION? If not, then you can see why the post feels trollish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit