Do you Represent God or a Magazine Company ????????????????

by nightwarrior 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Azalo
    Azalo

i remember the Aid book, did they drop hints saying to get rid of it? cause i dont remember my dad getting rid of it yet i dont remember seeing it in a long time either

• DJ
    DJ

I have the aid book. IMO, one of the biggest reasons that it is no longer used is because it incriminates them. It speaks about Johannes Greber and his translation of John 1:1 (a god) The wt knew that this translation came from Greber's wife who was a spirit medium but they figured that noone would find out, I guess. Later, when it became public knowledge they claimed to have no ties with Greber but they kept the changed translation of John. They have been caught in many lies about their association with the Greber Foundation and it is all documented. Now they simply argue the 'a god' change because of a definite article rule that doesn't even make any sense in the Greek. Once again, they are just trying to burn their bridges and hide from their past.

• blondie
    blondie
    I remember the Aid book, did they drop hints saying to get rid of it? cause i dont remember my dad getting rid of it yet i dont remember seeing it in a long time either

Azalo, they didn't get rid of it, they replaced with with the 2 volumes of the Insight Book (green). That is how the WTS handles publications that contain embarrassments. The old books go out of print and can be found only the libraries of older JWs and KH libraries. They did that with the "Do you want to life forever" with the Sodom/Gomorrah resurrection "new light."

Blondie

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, that is their solution. Discontinue print and/or issue new publications.

rocketman of the "yes, I've been echoing Blondie a lot lately" class.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I'm sure this thread is long dead but one major flaw in most of the reasoning here is that the material in the Aid book is virtually the same (perhaps greater than the 95% that one poster mentioned) that is in the Insight Volumes. The INsight volumes just have additional material.

I also have the Commentary on James and it is a worthy publication.

-Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit