Memorial

by Gorbatchov 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Once I got a few years of pioneering under my belt I stopped asking Bible Students to come to the memorial. I wanted to put off the whole "god needs 144000 humans to judge other humans cause He can't relate to being human" bullshit that I hated talking to students about.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I agree with all the comments so far. It really is such a sad demise of something that probably all of us, at one time, thought of as a very special event. It's become such a mundane ritual that most jw's hardly even talk about it except for the "special" invitation (busy work) campaign that precedes it.

I truly believe that even the gb can see that the enthusiasm that once surrounded the Memorial is waning. Hence, I noticed that a few years back the the term "Memorial season" was born within the wt organization. Am effort to boast morale? Yes, jw's now finally, have a holiday season also--and it's such a joyous season! lol

just saying!

• steve2
    steve2

Good to remember that all those attending the Memorial prior to the early 1930s partook of the emblems.

Chuck Russell taught the 144,000 was a symbolic number.

Rutherford changed that, along with the teaching about when the last days started (that shifted from 1799 to 1914).

Rutherford created two classes of Christians: the anointed with the remnant still on earth and the "other sheep" - a blatant misreading of Scripture.

For an organization that claims to model itself after first century Christianity, you cannot get more different in terms of JW organization's take on the "Lords evening meal".

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Nothing special about the Memorial this year. It's the first time I go after knowing the TTATT and I must say listening to all the 144,000 stuff is so bizarre that I could only ask myself how I was able to believe all that nonsense.

• Stealth
    Stealth

What was the latest fashion statements at this JW spring fashion gala?

• pbrow
    pbrow

My kids go with their mother and I remind them every year...

What does the bible say you should do with the bread and wine?

What does the man on the stage say you should do with the bread and wine?

If you are going to be a christian who should you listen to?

In even better news... my oldest wants nothing to do with the jdubs and the younger on the same path.

praise allah!

pbrow

• TD
    TD
    What I noticed during the memorial is the over organised ritual aspect.

The ritual aspect has always been amusing. JW's probably don't even notice or think about it, but there is clearly some sort of significance attached to touching the plate and the wineglass. It's most noticeable when the speaker does it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Definitely....There was little of Jesus in it. ....All about Paradise .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit