Do You Think That You're A Little Bit Crazy???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

BTW, Min, glad you're back.

Rosemarie

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you think that we're all a little off our rockers, at times, or do you think that we can blame most of the nonsense we see on alcohol?

Minimus ! , ya little red jumping and dancing bastard! Welcome back! Glad you survived the trip and had a good time.

Yes we're all a little nuts because when others do not see our side of things or a reasonable side of things because their mind sees it different.....we define them as nuts. .....And some people are just plain frickin crazy!

I get the most "nuts" over post watchtower syndrome. I get mean bitter and mad, happy glad and sad. It may never go away as long as it's fruitage continues to hurt me.

BTW.....welcome back again ....ya litle bastard!

Gumby

• JH
    JH

Slightly nuts, borderline crazy.

• blondie
    blondie

Compared to whom?

Blondie

• qwerty
    qwerty

Quack quaaaaaark quack quack!

NO! Yes!

Qwerty

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

No doubt about it. Actually, I'm really fine but just being driven insane.

Well, I've found my cheese sliding off my cracker every so often

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

I don't know what happened....I tried to edit my last response but couldn't figure out how to. Half the stuff I submitted originally didn't even show up. Oh well...here's the rest of my garb:

Well, I've found my cheese sliding off my cracker every so often

LMAO...I like that. I've never quite heard it put that way...

If a military person had 'issues' they would run a psych evaluation on him. If he expressed a strong belief he was mentally perfect and wanted to stay it the service at all cost, this was considered a sure sign he was unfit for duty. The sane question their sanity all the time, the loonies 'know' they are fine and everyone else has a problem. The fact that you even ask this question should be encouraging. Maverick, deranged, delirous, and don't know it!

That's encouraging!! I guess I'm okay after all

Sadie

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Blondie. Craziness is a relative thing.....Rosemarie, I'm glad that you know that you're OK. It's easy to believe that you've got multiple personalities if everyone tries to convince you that you must, especially, when it's the "in" thing to be diagnosed with. For a while in our cong., everyone was thinking they had to go to Dr. Bob, the "therapist" to the Witnesses. If you felt a little blue or angry or even had bouts of joy, you had to check with "Dr. Bob" because he knew the mind of a Witness, better than any worldly doctor could.....Now that's a little bit crazy, don'tcha think?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm a Borderline Bi-polar Narcissistic Histrionic Sociopath.

*in best Monty Python impersonation*

But I'm getting better.

• Swan
    Swan

Minimus!

Welcome back! We missed you and your questions.

Actually, I took a psychological evaluation back when I was a JW. It told was very accurate. I was more than a little disturbed to find out I was in the 10% range. In other words, I was ABNORMAL! This really disturbed me because I thought I was normal in my thinking.

Now after reading Jerry Bergman's pages on JWs and mental health, I understand why my test came out the way it did. I was diagnosed as mildly paranoid, severely depressed, situational anxiety, and having a mixed disturbance of mood. Thank goodness I wasn't psychotic, sociopathic, or schizophrenic. They are in the 1-2% range.

I haven't taken the test since having therapy and leaving the JWs, but I feel much more normal, healthy, and balanced now. I am definitely happier. Never in my whole life have I been this happy. I didn't know life could be this good! Recovery is ongoing; it never ends, but I am much farther along than I was 10 years ago.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit