It's Never Been Easier to Quit Being a JW!

by Simon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Just don't click that zoom button ...

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

True. But there still are the phone shepherding calls, the didnt see your picture calls, and family entanglements. I keep hoping for internet failure.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’m wondering if the best time to quit being a JW is when the pandemic ends and JWs begin to drift back to the Kingdom Hall ... some just won’t bother: fear of Covid, too busy, commute too long, preferred Zoom meetings—whatever the reason—I think Watchtower might have a hard time convincing some JWs to get back to meetings and ministry after such a long break.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Try to imagine ONE YEAR plus----- of not going out in field service on Saturday morning----and Sunday after the meeting.

How do you convince them, especially the young ones, to go knocking on stranger's doors again, every Saturday for the rest of your life???

"Remember the days of Zoom? When there was no field service, No meetings to attend? When we could turn on Zoom but leave the camera off and watch Chicago PD.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The zeal ain't there any more! Everyone is tired. The race has no finish line. Die, leave or go through the motions. Do the minimum so the Elders don't hound you. Zoom might the final nail in the coffin!

• Sherman
    Sherman

Its just so painstakingly boring waiting for the rest of humanity to die.

Hurry up Jah my ass is getting sore. !

• hoser
    hoser

A person could have moved house, or across the country, kept showing up on zoom. The elders would never know. A perfect opportunity to just disappear of their radar when things open up again.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I don’t know if you’re aware, Simon, but the U.K. government have just said that we’re going to be having a yearly vaccine program and probably winter “lock downs” for the foreseeable future.

This means the door to door work, imho, is effectively finished in the U.K. After all who wants strangers bringing goodness knows what germs to your door uninvited??? It certainly rules out the preaching work for the over 60s, the backbone of the congregation, too. Plus of course there’s the further complication of data protection rules for the org.

Online meetings really may be the only viable way of maintaining safety for the Governing Body’s “piggy bank” ..... the older members of the Org.

NB totally agree Slim

• TD
    TD

Spot on!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I was PIMO for years. Now I'm not sure where I stand. I'm not DFed or DAed or plan to be. However I have never been on zoom or plan to be. Never plan to return. (Unless a funeral or something) Yes This trend to Zoom is easier then ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit