It's Never Been Easier to Quit Being a JW!

by Simon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

In Australia most office workers have been forced to work from home since March, this has been great for the worker as they do not have to do the slow grind in the peak hour traffic twice a day and also great for the trades people and service people always on the road as the traffic is like 20 years ago. As an added benifit to all I have noticed and increased instance of emails being answered by workers beyond normal working hours.

A recent survey of workers forced to work from home found that a full 1/3 said they would not be going back to work in the city office... not they did not want to return, they would not return!

I wonder if the borg enthusiam stats would be similar????

RB.

• Simon
    Simon
    True. But there still are the phone shepherding calls, the didnt see your picture calls, and family entanglements. I keep hoping for internet failure.

It's been possible to screen calls for the last 40 years and easier than ever to block numbers.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Better still, change your email address and phone number.... and your address if you are really serious. And only answer the phone if you recognize the number. If you don't and they don't leave a message, assume they are after your money

When people ask me why I don't always answer the phone...I tell them I chose to have a phone for my convenience.

• Simon
    Simon

Or don't inconvenience yourself, just don't answer or if you do, say "no thank you" and hang up.

Congratulations. You left.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Or don't inconvenience yourself, just don't answer or if you do, say "no thank you" and hang up.

It really is as simple as Simon says. I said to one elder after his repeated calls: "Don't call me...I'll call you" & that was after this elder asked if he & the CO could visit!🤣

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

Actually, in some ways it is harder than ever to leave.

Now it doesn't matter where you live or if you answer the phone or not. If you use social media they will stalk you and analyse every comment and post you make to see if it fits the required personality.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I guess it depends on the congregations. I've heard from my family that their congregation is tighter than before. My mom actually likes it cause those who call actually care about her wellbeing, helping out with food or even rent! But this same love would certainly make it harder for someone to wants to fade out. Screen calls as Simon says? That won't work as they'll start calling friends and family about you. You can't screen everyone.

I believe the traditional fading tactic would still be the proper approach: Progressively increase the number of meetings missed until you miss them all. In 6 months to a year, you're out. The only thing that is easier about it is that, for the meetings you must attend, you can zoom in without actually listening as you'd have to do if you were physically there.

• pistolpete
  • Overrated
    Overrated

I told an elder when I was in my teens that can't wait to get out on my own. The first thing would go is these damn meetings, and everything else will follow. I have been true to my word.

• belogical
    belogical

You have got it ll wrong

When I was a we lad my mother worked and when we came home from school there was a list of jobs we had to do

mother on returning home from work saw us all watching TV and only half the tasks done.

when asked for an explanation we said we did everything you asked and she said what does this mean pointing to three letters at the bottom of the page PTO Yep you guessed it PUT TELE ON,

So

1 log into zoom

PTO

and everyone will be amazed at your constant attention to proceedings going on in your home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit