The Witnesses Are Really Trying Hard To Get Me Back In

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At my mom's bed side all I see is either JW family or friends making a concerted effort to have me return to their fold. Evidentlyy, my mom has encouraged this and I'm a trapped prisoner, as they do their best to have me come back.

It's bad enough that I have to endure my mom's dying, now I have to be bombarded with this bs.

• cognac
    cognac
    Ugh, I'm so sorry Min...
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Tell them all firmly and kindly that it will not happen. Put the issue to bed quickly Min' so you can make the most of precious remaining time with your Mother.

All the best mate

• TheListener
    TheListener
    They feed on sadness, fear and guilt. I am really sorry you have to endure this at such an important and emotional time of your life.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Sorry they are 'encouraging' you, Min.

• Heaven
    Heaven

That is tough for sure. Emotional blackmail is nasty.

If anyone were to do this to me, I would say "You claim to have the truth. Mom has told me my whole life that Armageddon was coming soon. Mom was <insert Mom's age here> years old and Armageddon never came in her lifetime. <insert Mom's age> years is not soon. This, alone, is a testament that you do not have the truth."

• cha ching
    cha ching
    So sorry, perhaps if you tell them, "you know how it is... There are just some times in ones life when you need some time alone... I need to save my energy, it's all I can do to be here, you understand, right?"
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

My heart goes out to you Minimus.

These unfeeling ones just can't refuse an opportunity to "witness" to someone - even if that person's distraught.

If they continue to ignore your feelings, ignore theirs and tell them bluntly, "Thank you for your concern, but I don't want to discuss or deal with anything else right now. I feel sure that you'll respect my feelings."

• never a jw
    never a jw
    The tactless strike again!
  • minimus
    minimus
    I have been patiently tolerant only for my mom's sake. I don't want to create waves this week but I may tell them that at another time I will converse a bit...just not right now. I know the game they are playing. They are in a cult and that's their mentality. My dying mom is of the same mindset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit