Time for me 2 say goodbye

by Iron Eagle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

Yeah I've decided to say goodbye folks.

I've had some interesting discussions on this forum, yet I will cease to operate as an active member as of now.

I came to this conclusion via a number of reasons;

(a) Many people on this board have had such a bad experience as a witness that they have decided to deviate so much from the Bible and what it tells us. People seem to think that they are no longer living under 'their rules any more' so they can do what they want. Jesus warned us against Christian sects and false prophets so we should not let a bad experience get in the way of trying to lead a life that brings glory to God. I feel that by remaining a member of this forum, it will prove to be a stumbling block between me and God.

(b) Most posts on this forum are just plain junk written by people that are just plain bored at the time. I have been guilty of this in the past. My shit stinks as much as the next guy.

Some posts have been excellent and very informative. Yet for the most part, this place is a breeding ground for boredom and sadness so I bid you all farewell.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Iron. Sorry you feel that way. To be honest with you, I had similar thoughts myself when I first starting lurking here, over 2 years go. But I quicky came to the realization, that my expectations, were totally off base.

To leave the org. is one thing. To come to a site like this, and to expect everybody to have shunned all the man imposed rules and regulations, but yet abide by the " moral obligations " is bullshit. Many of those moral obligations were actually WBTS imposed, and based on the WBTS interpretation of their bible.

Some of the posters here, ( some have come and gone, others have come and stayed ), have not stopped at just believing the WBTS, but the bible itself. So to judge those ones, because they infringe on your comfort zone is unfair.

True. Some have lost their way, and have gone off the deep end as it were....Pierced Angel and her hubby, come to mind.

However there are many here, who though they do not agree with other's poster's lifestyles, refrain from commenting, because they have grown beyond the "judgemental thing ". Consider them the silent majority/minority. What matters more is that they are here to help the " lost souls", irregardless of their past or future lifestyle.

Whatever your path leads you Iron Eagle, I wish you peace, and comfort.

Regards David

• StinkyPantz
  • neyank
    neyank

Hey stinky pants.

That's short and sweet. :-)

neyank

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

neyank-

Yup! I wouldn't want to be a "stumbling block" for anyone, so he's right, he should probably go.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sung to the old tune of the Mickey Mouse Club.......Now it`s time to say good-bye to all our company..M..I..C,see you real soon..K..E..Y..Why?,because we love you!..M..O..U..S..Eeeee.....LOL!...OUTLAW

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

LOL StinkyPants - well said - If we are such a stumbling block, one would feel its best to just leave and not say anything.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Bye

Wish you many revelations for yourself!!

OCW

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Goodbye Iron Eagle. Follow your heart. Perhaps it will lead you to a God so close, nothing could ever come between you. A God you do not have to fear death and destruction from. JamesT

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm always amazed at those that take their judgemental potshots on the way out the door, and to what? Pure "Christianity" of course!

a river dirt cheap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit