Causing divisions is doing God's will!

by rebel 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel
    rebel

Twink,

I showed him the report from the Guardian a couple of months ago and how the WTS tried to wriggle out of it by saying they needed to be NGOs in order to get a library card etc. He said the paper was probably lying - Jesus said his followers would be objects of hatred, the media dislike JWs, the WTS expects to have lies told about them etc etc.....honestly - he is one hard nut to crack. He is extremely loyal to this organisation. It would have to be something really big (I know the UN thing is big to me - but not to him) to make him take notice. I feel that one day, he may just listen to me - at least I hope so. At the moment, he is not prepared to but still thinks I will start going to meetings again.

xxR

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

rebel,

First, your husband has implied by reading you that scripture that, you are comsidered an enemy in his own household, simply because Watchtower has made him believe thier twisted interpretation of that scripture. The Wt as all fanatic fundamentalists have taken thier beliefs beyond what is written. He does not even use critical thinking when it comes to this saying of Christ. Christ's teachings, whether you believe the Bible or not, were based on love of God, and love of fellow man. When we apply that principle in our family, showing love and compassion, and respect, we are in effect showing Godliness, and therefore we are following the commandment of love that Christ taught. There are many households in that become as if enemies of one another when they do not apply these basic principles with one another, therefore disowning what Christ taught. On a different wave of thought, a renegade ruler, like Saddam rules his country in direct opposition to the principles Christ taught. He and those like him have come under judgement even by Biblical standards. Being punished by the superior authorities in other countries who rule with respect for basic humanity. Something Christ taught.

If you want to really bring it to another level, you can turn it around on your hubby and tell him he has dishonored Christ by accepting the apostate teaching of the Watchtower that elders are "Glorious Ones", when clearly that scripture in Jude was not referring to anyone other than angels, not men.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, let's look at what is happening between you and your hubby on an emotional level rather than an intellectual one. Flinging around scriptures is simply a way to avoid talking about what is bothering you both. I really feel for your hubby, trembling, at his first exposure to this board. His strong emotional reaction is an indication that he is very afraid. Afraid of losing you, or afraid you might be right.

I am writing this in hopes you can work on your relationship with your hubby. Read some of LyinEye's early posts. When WildTurkey first expressed his doubts, she freaked out. Happily, they are both out, and together. LyinEye's story:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/25459/323759/post.ashx#323759

Ask him what he is afraid of. Don't let him accuse you of being at fault. For instance, "I am afraid...of losing you." is appropriate, "I am afraid you are breaking up our family." is not. Try and reassure him as much as possible. While your self-examination is absolutely neccessary for your mental health, it does not mean that you love him or your children any less. If you believe it, reassure him that your love for Jehovah and his Truth is intact.

If he is the kind of guy that can manage it, he needs to know what your fears are as well. You are afraid that this whole mess will end your relationship, right? Hopefully, he is the kind of man that can offer you some reassurances and understanding as well.

First of all, you guys have to face the boogeyman under the stairs. If you face it, and overcome it, you can have a good laugh about it afterwards.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

dont you just love how the dubbers always jump the grand cayon, thay are the evil kenivles of the religous world. I.e. the bible says follow jesus, they translate; do what ever the gov. body says. WOW how did we get thair with out even a debate. oh yes. debating not allowed it right here on the back of the instant cult box.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

A really that eludes many is that Christianity from it's inception was a cult. But like many cults it evolved into a more benign religion as the numbers grew to big to manage with cult control techniques. The effforts to restore "true Christianity of the first century" have revived antisocial doctrine and intellectually and emotionally stiffling pressures that were better left in a less enlightened time.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I thought there was already a cult in place, with all the "burdens" that went with it - what to eat, when to do this and that, who was higher up in their org, who was said to be more holy and had the right to speak to God for you, etc. etc.

Christ came along and effectively said, "don't be in the cult" " let your yes be yes and your no be no........the guys sitting in the best places aren't where it's at.......the kingdom isn't coming with signs and wonders like you think..." and so on.

Imagine going down to the local kingdom hall, getting right up everybody, specially those in charge, and make a mess of the place?

Jesus was the definitive cult buster.

• unique1
    unique1

I have discovered that reading a scripture in context with others often clears the matter up. Matt Chapter 10: “Brother38 will hand over brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rise against39 parents and have them put to death. 10:22 And you will be hated by everyone because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 10:23 Whenever40 they persecute you in one place,41 flee to another. I tell you the truth,42 you will not finish going through all the cities and towns43 of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

It appears that the ones Jesus is speaking of doing the hating/disowning are the ones who don't believe in him. If read in this context when Jesus says he will set a man against his father, it would be because the father believed in Christ and the Man didn't. Those believing in christ, the witnesses, should not be the ones doing the hating/disowning of others.

He will try to argue that disfellowshipping is loving, but is it really? Be prepared for this arguement as well. If all else fails, (If you are baptised) state that baptisim made you responsible for yourself before god and he is not responsible for you and if you don't want to go to the meeting that is your choice and on YOUR conscience.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

you will not finish going through all the cities and towns of Israel

It's something that happens with a people who are confident by their worldly understanding of things that they please and speak for the true God. ie. they'll dump their own family to hang on to that imaginary promise.

you will be hated by everyone because of my name

two reasons

1) because of the name that you might bear (christian among jews)

2) because of my name that people will bear (a christian among the 'true christians' tm)

paduan

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I shouldn't say Jews, but rather, fundamentalists of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit