Among Friends: Embarrassing moments

by forgetmenot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

In sophomore year we took a trip to some artsy town in Pennyslvania; the name escapes me. At one point, the teacher stood up and said, "We are going to now pass by the point in the Delaware where George Washington crossed this river.

At that moment, I looked out the window and saw this tiny little stream. I blurted out, "He needed a boat to cross THAT?"

Literally one second later, the Delaware came into view. Definitely boat-worthy.

I was so embarrassed.

Rosemarie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

xjw

dome (from a Greek word meaning Place of the Gods)

pleasure place of the gods

well thats one meaning

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Going out in field service and ringing the doorbell of your highschool crush....

• Scully
    Scully

Happened on a date when I was 20: going to the beach and wearing a strapless bathing suit. I dove into the Atlantic ocean and when I stood up again it became apparent that my bathing suit had peeled off me like a banana.

Happened while flirting with a very cute salesperson in a flower shop when I was about 19: There was a gorgeous jade plant for sale without a price tag on it. I asked the sales guy how much the jade plant was. He said "Oh, it's 10 years old and it's $3,000!" I was a bit surprised (shocked, really) and said "Well, I'm 19 and you could buy me for a nickel!" I shocked myself, but was mortified when the very cute salesperson reached into his pockets and dumped all his loose change on the counter and started looking for a 5-cent piece. I ran out of the store thinking "Oh my gawd, I can't believe I said that!" The cute sales guy ran out after me and said he didn't have a nickel, and then asked me if I'd like to go out with him. So it wasn't all bad. LOL

Love, Scully

• Brummie
    Brummie

Whats real embarrasing is when you cant quite see who the person is in the distance but they are waving and you smile and wave back and it turns out they were waving to the stranger behind you!..that is shooooooooo embarrasyiuong

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit