Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

In 1993 Walter ReMine published an important work titled “The Biotic Message” in which he introduced “Message Theory”.

The basics of Message Theory is that:

1. Life was created to show that it was the work of a single designer.

2. Life was also designed to resist all other explanations.

ReMine focuses on life’s overall pattern of theme and variation and why a creator would choose to use it to unite life as the work of one designer (and to resist other explanations including multiple designers acting independently and numerous evolutionary scenarios).

A pattern of theme and variation is used to identify unknown works of art as the product of a single artist.

• cofty
    cofty

Hooby - A lot of words but you have totally failed to answer the challenge. This is called 'hand-waving'. It's a distraction technique the Watchtower uses to give the false impression that it has dealt with difficult questions.

Comparison of Cytochrome C sequences PRECISELY confirms the evolutionary history of all species, from humans to yeast, EXACTLY as predicted by pre-existing models.

It is astonishingly powerful proof of common descent. Your panic over this fact is entertaining.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Earlier I brought up two general points in a response.

1. The assertion by evolutionists that a creator would not have created life the way that it exists.

2. The assertion by evolutionists that evolution makes specific predictions about life, and that these predictions are fulfilled.

My previous recent posts dealt with point number 1. Since there is no specific response (other than a dismissive comment) I will move on to the other assertion.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Comparison of Cytochrome C sequences PRECISELY confirms the evolutionary history of all species, from humans to yeast, EXACTLY as predicted by pre-existing models.

Biochemical sequence data from a chart in Denton’s book compiled from Dayhoff shows that when compared to bacteria that yeast , wheat, a silk moth, tuna, pigeon, and horse are all virtually the same distance when it comes to Cytochrome C

• hooberus
    hooberus

Yeast, insect, a fish, a bird, and a mammal all have approximately the same number of Cytochrome C differences relative to a bacteria. Is there a pre-existing evolutionary publication predicting this?

My chart would not upload correctly. I will try to post one to illustrate.

• cofty
    cofty
    1. The assertion by evolutionists that a creator would not have created life the way that it exists. - Hooby

I have made no such assertion in connection to DNA and amino acid sequences of cytochrome C. I didn't respond to it because it has nothing to do with the topic.

There is no other possible interpretation of the evidence other than common ancestry and unguided evolution by natural selection over millions of years.

You can keep making vague references to something you think you once read somewhere that might have some ambiguous connection with the topic but that inconvenient fact isn't going away.

Why are the amino-acid sequences of humans and chimps identical but a bit different from other mammals, more different from fish and more different yet from yeast?

Why do these differences exactly reflect the evolutionary family tree?

• hooberus
  • hooberus
    hooberus

Yeast, insect, a fish, a bird, and a mammal all have approximately the same number of Cytochrome C differences relative to a bacteria. Is there a pre-existing evolutionary publication predicting this?

You claim:

”Comparison of Cytochrome C sequences PRECISELY confirms the evolutionary history of all species, from humans to yeast, EXACTLY as predicted by pre-existing models.”

• cofty
    cofty

Bacteria don't have mitochondria!

We are talking about comparison between cytochrome C amino acid and nucleotide sequences in eukaryotes not eukaryotes and prokaryotes..

• cofty
    cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit